Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help posting a build diary

Patron Class Member

Help posting a build diary

I want to add a build diary....I am semi-computer literate....am trying to post a thread with text and pictures....having no luck. Does anyone have "posting for dummies"?

Administrator
    Here is a short tutorial which shows how to upload images on the forum - just follow the numbers

Name:  tutorial.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  39.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Patron Class Member
    Thanks for the info. I attempted to send you some money for patron posting privileges. My diary is pretty lengthy. The link for PayPal payment does not work. Please advise.

Administrator
    Sorry about that! The page should now be working - Become a MadMechanics Patron -

Patron Class Member
    Patron donation made today thru PayPal....Thanks for a great web site.

Administrator
    Thanks for the contribution! looking forward to seeing your build -

Patron Class Member
    I tried to post my thread but got this message: Lambo Forum -- In progress.doc - Your file of 2.52 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype. HELP!!!!!!

Administrator
    The best way to upload images to the forum is as a JPEG (JPG), the file format most digital cameras produce by default. A DOC file will not actually be able to displayed as a post on the forum - (people would have to download the DOC file in order to view it). Do you have the images from your build diary available as a JPG?

Patron Class Member
    I agree that the best upload format is a .JPG. However, the allowable file size is disconcerting, to say the least. How am I to possibly get the file sizes down to such a small value? Even when I compress the files, I still can't get them that small. The best I can do as a still ridiculously small 34 kb. I thought that, when I contributed to become a patron, that my allowable maximum files size was going to be increased?

Administrator
    For image formats that display well on the forum, like JPEG, the max filesize is 2 MB (/ ~2,000 KB) -if you're getting a file size error when attempting to upload JPGs please let me know, as that is not supposed to happen!

( It's only file types that don't display well on the forum (like .DOC) that have the small limit. The reason we set a small limit on those file types is to discourage use of them. )