Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I know... but it's fun. Reviving a Power Wheels Jeep - Volume 2

Hello all,

So the new sticker packs did arrive and looked amazing. I can't wait to begin work on my personal version of the Raptor.

I need to get just a few more things for the truck and I'll be all set to get work done and pics posted of the progress.

I'll keep it short with no pics to show, but don't loose interest just yet, the fun is about to begin.

Hey Mike.
    I think this coming very nice. Waiting to see the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Beny A View Post
    Hey Mike.
    I think this coming very nice. Waiting to see the progress.
    Thank you Beny,

Working on it. Haven't been able to find the time to get to it just yet. Been working a lot of overtime so that I can have the funds to take a vacation in the first week of July.

But am eagerly trying to get something started on it. I may be able to get some time on it come tomorrow. If so, I will have some progress pics. Wish me luck.

PROGRESS HAS BEGUN... Or should I say project??

Either way, I made a little headway, some discovery and ultimately a little change in plan of attack.

Was going to swap the chrome rims onto my sons truck,,, until the pressure washer began removing some of the chrome on the wheels... SO... wheels will remain on this truck and be the ones to be repainted.

I will remove them later and hit them more aggressively with the pressure washer later to try and remove as much of the chrome as I can before I custom paint them.

Also noticed that the truck is like the book 50 Shades of Gray... without the good parts. lol The black isn't solid and I am considering hitting the whole thing with clear coat to see if I can unify the color scheme and add a bit more shine to the body... testing this theory to come.

All stickers have been removed !!! It is now ready for its re-badging, well, once the body has been sorted out that is.

So... here is the look as it stands after its bath... of sorts.

Name:  20150628_193809.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  20150628_193821.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  110.9 KB

Name:  20150628_193830.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  20150628_193840.jpg
Size:  117.8 KB

Name:  20150628_193930.jpg
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  20150628_193908.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  20150628_193918.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  20150628_193857.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  20150628_194433.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  20150628_194446.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  58.3 KB

So let me be up front time wise on this project.

I am about to go away on vacation come the end of this week. I will only be gone a week and returning the following weekend, but I wont be able to make any progress on the vehicle till I return. So there wont be any updates for a little while, but when I return, I will push hard to get it wrapped up fast.

So gone but not forgotten. lol

This one has a lot of work also, I know it's going to come out sweet!
    Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by autopro View Post
    This one has a lot of work also, I know it's going to come out sweet!
    Thank you for the vote of confidence Pedro, its very much appreciated.

Yeah, this one does have a bit of a road in front of it before its spit shined and polished to like new status but I think I can manage it to look good in the end.

Wish it were a car I was spending time on but hey, I suppose we all have to start somewhere. lol I am just starting a little lower than most.

Ok all, Back from vacation and ready to get back on the truck.

I think I have decided that I am going to paint the whole truck black.

There are so many faded panels of various shades of gray and black I think it wouldn't look right if I didn't hit it with one shade of black.

So here is the issue. Unlike the Jeep I did where the body had been beaten and ruffed up a bit, the truck is smooth plastic. Any paint I put on I want to stay. I fear, even with a good dose of clear coat, that it will simply scratch off to easy... so any suggestions on how to get it to be more durable, I am open for suggestions.

I realize its a toy and scratches are inevitable, but I would like to help it deal with a bit of punishment.

Very lightly sand it out with about 600 grit wet dry and hit it with Blitz Black tractor paint from John Deere. I would guess about 10% thinned with their reducer or just buy the spray cans.

Good stuff