Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know... but it's fun. Reviving Power Wheels - Volume 3

Sweet...i would point you to the Agostini Countach, but then you may as well buy a full size kit. ...they go for an arm and leg, a rare find at that....basically a scaled countach body on a Briggs and straton powered go kart...4-8k average for one. ..Originally offered through FAO Swartz

Yeah I saw that a while back. I thought, THAT'S what I should make for my son!!! Forget Pwr Wheels plastic!! But then the price was way to high and I would seriously have to fabricate everything from hand and try to do so scaling back the size of the original car to be sure it still looked right at a miniaturized setting. Wheels and all. I think it's doable... but, I would want to finish it BEFORE my kids reach teen status and I am not sure I will have that opportunity. lol

No, power wheels still remain cheap enough and easy enough to modify and have fun with. Besides... if they hit something with them, I am less likely to loose it. lol
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

So, back to the task at hand.

Hard wired a new switch and extra wire into my SUV to accomodate a DVD player and second screen for the kids. I am not big on exposed wires... So it took me some time to get everything routed through the console and run wires up through the seats so that everything was nice and covered up. So it took some time away from the power wheels project.

I still have to figure out how I want to run the connecting RCA cables... I know how I am going to go about it, just seeing if there is another way to go about it before I commit is all.

Once done, I will be back on the Power wheels.

Need to order the batteries and do some research on the LED's I want to get for the project.

When the install begins, I will be sure to take pics and videos for any who feel like they would like to take on a similar type of project for their kids.

Thanks for following. Any suggestions on a good set of LED's (Strips preferably) would be welcomed.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

So, I am am researching some batteries now and hope to have them ordered and on their way within the next two weeks. Once those are in and working, I will get a hold of a trickle charger to keep things charged up when not in play and then the custom lighting will follow shortly after. Need to step things up as fast as I can because the holiday season is nearly upon us and spending on extracurricular activities will be stopped. lol

Crazy weeks are finally past me. So the progress on this project should pick up soon now. Need to do a little more research on the batteries and if anyone can help me find some LED's for a good price, I would appreciate it.

WOW, life just simply keeps getting in the way now doesn't it.

OK, so My son may be outgrowing his truck soon so I need to get on this.

The Jeep I made for my daughter will soon be outgrown as well.

So I need to get the batteries and do the change over now.

Had some car trouble with my wifes car that hit our finances... well still are to a point... so ordering things for this have not come to pass, but my daughter has been asking to drive her jeep a lot more lately and with the warmer days almost upon us, there is not time like the present to resolve this project and get the three power wheels back up and running.

So with a renewed vigor... Stay tuned. one last time if you can. I will be posting progress asap!!

Well updated the Jeep thread so allow me to update this one as well.

Jeep has maybe till Christmas... long depending on how fast my daughter grows and then I will need to get rid of it. Pressed my wife to allow me time and money to get the batteries for all the power wheels sorted out. This is going to be tough as we are geared for saving for a house and well... batteries for toys aren't cheap nor viewed as a necessity, so we'll see what happens.

My son is beginning to outgrow his truck, considering selling it, but it largely depends on my daughter. She currently has the Jeep and a mustang... if she falls for the truck, the Jeep and the Stang go... but if she chooses the Stang (Here's hoping) then the truck and the Jeep go.

However this all falls, either the truck or the Stang will get a refresh for my daughter to use. Nothing major but we'll see what my creative side brings to the table.

Batteries... I NEED BATTERIES!!!!

Wish me luck