Thread: just plain STUPID

Re:just plain STUPID

I thought that the OEM bumpers were made out of flexible plastic not fiberglass.Is this a scam in the makeing? Definately looks like a kit,front bumper.Probubly from Piza Corp,and I would say the price is too high, already.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

factory ferrari bumper covers are made from SMC ,the same material older corvette bodies are manufactured from,the roof and qtr panels on fieros are made from smc,people that dont know any different always call it fiberglass but it is not .corvettes havent been manufactured out of fiberglass since the early 60s ,id have to research it to tell you exactly when they went to sheet molded compound,but ill assure you thats what corvettes and fiero componets are manufactured from ,its been many years since the corvette was a fiberglas sports car,and i promise you that is an authenic ferrari F355 front bumper cover manufactured from SMC and it is repairable and a new one from ferrari costs $3978

Hey Mike,were did you come across a front bumper?Hope you havent been takeing any dips a high speed lately. ;D.Im sure it is a deal,consider all Ferrari parts are moocho frogskins.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

i could be wrong but i dont think so ,i knew a guy that worked at a shop in atlanta a couple of years ago ,i worked at a shop in atlanta and i got a few damaged ferrari pieces from him ,one piece was a 512 ft. cover and it was smc and as i look more closely at the ebay pic i see the white strands indicative of smc ,i dont think pisa has the facilities to manufacture smc ,hell i might be wrong ,i have been before,i think funny wheels has bought oem bumpers for his 355 ill find out from him if theyre smc

Pisa's and other manufacturers F335 bumper is a hell of a lot longer btw

The scam was in the shipping cost. $200???? It cost me $150 to ship my 3800SC from Va to Detroit. :
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif