Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story in Tampa Paper, go USA

Story in Tampa Paper, go USA

Subject: Story in Tampa Paper

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
    to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries
    that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
    Think about it . . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about
    MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't
    celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry
    Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing
    how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over
    backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
    offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an
    American citizen, published in a
    Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
    NOT AMERICANS,
    MUST ADAPT.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
    are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
    we have experienced a surge
    in patriotism by the majority
    of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had
    barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about
    the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there
    are a few things that those
    who have recently come to
    our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a
    multicultural community
    has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we
    have our own culture, our
    own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
    Therefore, if you wish to become part
    of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,
    on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
    It is certainly appropriate to display it
    on the walls of our schools. If God
    offends you, then I suggest you
    consider another part of the world as
    your new home, because God is part
    of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or
    you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
    should seriously consider a move
    to another part of this planet. We
    are happy with our culture and have
    no desire to change, and we really
    don't care how you did things where
    you came from. This is
    OUR COUNTRY,
    our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
    right to express his opinion and we
    will allow you every opportunity to do
    so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
    our pledge, our national motto, or our
    way of life, I highly encourage you
    take advantage of one other great American freedom,
    THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree -- pass this along;
    if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re:Story in Tampa Paper, go USA

I'm not american, so I can't really comment in depth on this, but:

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,
    It is certainly appropriate to display it
    on the walls of our schools. If God
    of our culture. "

The Bill of Rights (Amendments of the Constitution):
    First Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

well, i am an american and feel the same way. i'm tired of having to bend over backwards so some foreigner isn't offended by something. i am also disgusted with their ability to obtain money from the govt when they aren't citizens and have not paid a dime into the "system". i would have to add, don't come here without money and expect the taxpayers to support your ass!!! we have enough problems with the homeless, unemployment, and sectors of the country where people still live without running water and electricity! all this occurring in the one of the richest nations in the world. it's pathetic. it's seems the govt is more concerned about those that are new to the country instead of those that have lived here since birth. i won't delve any further, but rest assured i will copy and paste that message into a mass email. thanx gsxrbobby!

OUTSTANDING ARTICLE!! I live in South Florida (near Miami) and down here when I was job hunting, I saw many ads stating "bilingual only please." So there where jobs I could not even apply for because I dont speak Spanish. WTF is up with that? This is America. If people come here they should learn English or get the f&*% out! These Cubans (mostly down here & Hatians) come here and will work long hours for minimum wage, but then the guys needed to work above them (as supervisors, managers, etc.) need to speak Spanish and English to lead them. Its ridiculous how some people can get hired for speaking a language that is from some other country. Well, I landed an excellent job and what I put in my ads for hiring people: "MUST SPEAK ENGLISH SINCE THIS IS AMERICA!" *lol* Im waiting for the first lawsuit from some illegal immigrant that is offended... and the saddest part is that they will probably win!

I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't
    celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry
    Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break.
    What are you talking about? Its not illegal to say 'Merry Christmas' or call winter break 'Christmas Break'. Some schools chose to rename 'Christmas Vacation' to 'Winter Break' because they might get sued by AN AMERICAN. Schools can not mold their curriculum around a religion. How would you feel if it were officially called 'Ramadan Vacation' or 'Satan Day'?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over
    backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
    offended.
    Its not about offending anybody, Its about making the minority 'OF AMERICANS' second class citizens. The majority doesn't have the right to oppress minorities.

IMMIGRANTS,
    NOT AMERICANS,
    MUST ADAPT.
    No, ignorant Americans (no offence) must adapt to the idea that the government doesn't have the right to give special privileges to a select group of Americans and at the same time take away rights of other Americans.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
    Therefore, if you wish to become part
    of our society, learn the language!
    Again, No, Americans speak all languages. This is the great melting pot

Well Lets take a look at what really is documented:

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."
    - Abraham Lincoln, American president (1809-1865)

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."[/i
    - Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat.

"The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion."
    (Treaty of Tripoli (1797) drafted by Joel Barlow, U.S. Consul, and signed by John Adams)

And thats just the tip of the Iceberg! America wasn't founded by Christians for Christians, America was founded by Deists for people of ALL religions. By the way genius, the founding fathers had nothing to do with 'In god We Trust' or 'Under God'. Go to both of these websites to enlighten yourselfhttp://www.ustreas.gov/education/fac...-we-trust.html
    http://history.vineyard.net//pledge.htm

If God
    of our culture.
    America is multi-cultural, If that offends you, then i suggest YOU consider another part of the world as your new home.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
    our pledge, our national motto, or our
    way of life, I highly encourage you
    take advantage of one other great American freedom,
    THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
    The pledge and national motto are LAWs. They are official statements of the government. You will always have the right to say either the pledge or national motto. However, the government doesn't have the right to choose one religion over any other. (constitutionally speaking)

Its ridiculous how some people can get hired for speaking a language that is from some other country.
    Yeah, it's ridiculous how a more educated person can get a better job than somebody with less knowledge. Riiiiiggghhhtt.

"clueless", that fits!
    You said, What are you talking about? Its not illegal to say 'Merry Christmas' or call winter break 'Christmas Break'. Some schools chose to rename 'Christmas Vacation' to 'Winter Break' because they might get sued by AN AMERICAN. Schools can not mold their curriculum around a religion. How would you feel if it were officially called 'Ramadan Vacation' or 'Satan Day'?

What is Christmas, or as some say winter break. It wasn't started for Santa! It is the Birth of Jesus Christ. Even though he was born in the mid of summer, or some say!

2nd, Its not about offending anybody, Its about making the minority 'OF AMERICANS' second class citizens. The majority doesn't have the right to oppress minorities.

What are you talking about, this country was founded under God! And formed with the right to express that right! Now that people from other countrys have moved in they are changing things. Things started fine and now everything is going down hill fast!

Again, what the H3LL are you talking about?
    No, ignorant Americans (no offence) must adapt to the idea that the government doesn't have the right to give special privileges to a select group of Americans and at the same time take away rights of other Americans.

Americans are just that, people from other countries are not Americans and we are sure as H3LL not "ignorant", if we are dumb than why is everyone in the world wanting to live here?

And then you said,
    Again, No, Americans speak all languages. This is the great melting pot

The goverment did put in place that English is our language and it is to be used. Other people are not required to learn all the other lang. of the world.

As far as you asking me to leave because I am a proud, I am a GOD fearing person, that loves this country and will stand up for it instead of change it. NO WAY!!!!

You think that goverment does what?

The pledge and national motto are LAWs. They are official statements of the government. You will always have the right to say either the pledge or national motto. However, the government doesn't have the right to choose one religion over any other. (constitutionally speaking)

In the Pledge it does say "one nation under God" doesn't it? Yes it does, and it should! This nation was founded under God, if you don't like it than leave or shut up!

You are missing the point or maybe your not, I feel your just sturring the pot!
    Yeah, it's ridiculous how a more educated person can get a better job than somebody with less knowledge. Riiiiiggghhhtt.

I would be shocked if you had a job other than washing dishes or mowing my lawn and pulling my weeds!!!!!!!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

First off, I didn't mean to offend you. I was rebutting your statements. You didn't have to get so angry :-[

now for another rebuttal.

It wasn't started for Santa! It is the Birth of Jesus Christ. Even though he was born in the mid of summer, or some say!
    You need a few lessons in history:

One reason why the government’s recognition of Christmas as an official holiday does not have the primary effect of promoting Christianity is because the day itself is not entirely Christian in origin:

Over the next 1000 years, the observance of Christmas followed the expansion of Christianity into the rest of Europe and into Egypt. Along the way, Christian beliefs combined with existing pagan feasts and winter rituals to create many long-standing traditions of Christmas celebrations. For example, ancient Europeans believed that the mistletoe plant held magic powers to bestow life and fertility, to bring about peace, and to protect against disease. Northern Europeans associated the plant with the Norse goddess of love, Freya, and developed the custom of kissing underneath mistletoe branches. Christians incorporated this custom into their Christmas celebrations, and kissing under a mistletoe branch eventually became a part of secular Christmas tradition.

"Christmas," Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2000. © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

The acknowledgment of Christmas as an official holiday does not take a position on how it is to be celebrated, it does not promote specific religious aspects, nor does it take positions on religious questions. That being said, the way government can acknowledge Christmas is limited. "Although the government may acknowledge Christmas as a cultural phenomenon, it may not observe it as a Christian holy day by suggesting that people praise God for the birth of Jesus" (ALLEGHENY COUNTY v. GREATER PITTSBURGH ACLU, 492 U.S. 573, 1989).

On the other hand, the 1954 Act, which inserted "under God" in the context of the Pledge had no secular purpose as required by the Lemon Test of the Supreme Court. The Act promotes or endorses one religious position over another, which is not a Constitutional role of the government. In other words, Congress wanted to put a governmental stamp of approval on a religious position. As the 9th Circuit pointed out the Act does not merely acknowledge the role of theism on our nation’s history, it takes a position on a purely religious question (the existence of God). The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment has left such choices in the hands of the people, where they belong.

Now that people from other countrys have moved in they are changing things. Things started fine and now everything is going down hill fast!
    I'm not from any other country and I would like America to change. I would love to see more civil rights and more religious freedom. Remember Salem and the Spanish Inquisition? Both happened because the governments where those happened were based on fundamental Christian principals. Religious freedom is not whats causing America to 'go down hill', the recession of civil rights and religious freedom is whats causing America to 'go down hill'.

Americans are just that, people from other countries are not Americans and we are sure as H3LL not "ignorant", if we are dumb than why is everyone in the world wanting to live here?
    I never said that all Americans were dumb, I was simply stating that if you don't like freedom of religion or cultural diversity, then you are in the wrong country.

The government did put in place that English is our language and it is to be used. Other people are not required to learn all the other lang. of the world.
    Actually, The good 'Ol USA has no official language.

As far as you asking me to leave because I am a proud, I am a GOD fearing person, that loves this country and will stand up for it instead of change it. NO WAY!!!!
    I never asked you to leave, this country needs people that have differing opinions. I too love this country. however, I love America because of the freedom and human dignity that the US constitution guarantees, not because 'I'm a god fearing person'.

In the Pledge it does say "one nation under God" doesn't it? Yes it does, and it should! This nation was founded under God, if you don't like it than leave or shut up!
    I have given you evidence (a few quotes) that America wasn't founded 'under god'. All you have given me is unsupported assertions. Get used to it, the US government is going to continue to respect the religious freedoms of its citizens. 'If you don't like that then leave or shut up'.

I would be shocked if you had a job other than washing dishes or mowing my lawn and pulling my weeds!!!!!!!
    "clueless", that fits!
    Great strategy, 'If you know you can't win a debate, run circles around the subject'. Please, no more name calling and unsupported assertions, show me your evidence.

You're telling me that I need a few lessons in our countries history? You need to take classes on the ENGLISH language! That is the wrong thing to say after you continue to give improper facts of history!
    You said that Christmas was not a rel. holiday, wrong! That is what Christmas is about. By the way you're talking I'm sure you call it X-mas. Again its not about Santa, it is and has been about the birth of Christ!
    Just because "(ALLEGHENY COUNTY v. GREATER PITTSBURGH ACLU, 492 U.S. 573, 1989)" proves my point. This country started out just fine. Then you have people take our way of life and continue to change it, and change it! We do not need more laws. The laws we had were just fine. The Dummycrappes (Democrates) add more laws and more taxes every quarter. Yes, this goverment of ours is not the best, but it is the best in the world! It needs to go back to simple times with simple ways of live. Where a person can take pride in ourselves without worring what everyone else thinks! The United States is and will always be a melting pot of many people and backgrounds, but even our past family members learned the ways of the USA when they got here!

Then you back track big time when you said: I'm not from any other country and I would like America to change. I would love to see more civil rights and more religious freedom. Remember Salem and the Spanish Inquisition? Both happened because the governments where those happened were based on fundamental Christian principals. Religious freedom is not what's causing America to 'go down hill', the recession of civil rights and religious freedom is what's causing America to 'go down hill'.
    You start by saying one thing and then you prove my point! People are changing our history and why, so nobody gets affended when someone talks about any one thing. It will never happen, so stop trying to change it all. People should never back down on what they believe in. Show it off and do it proud. I don't like everything that goes on when people express themselves, "like the gay pride BS" but they have that right and they are given the right to show their gay crap, but GOD forbid I pray in a public place, "school!" Example: forty-five minutes away from my house, an elementary school was forbidden to dress as Indians and Pilgrims in a childrens play about Thanksgiving; in fear of offending other people (Native Americans) they're just Americans we are all just Americans. It is history, now tell me your way is better.

Next, you did said that all Americans were dumb, and if we didn't like freedom of religion or cultural diversity, then you are in the wrong country. That is why we are here, and that is why you're here. Anywhere else, we would most likely be dead for talk like this. If you think I'm wrong, you need to 1. check your history. 2. look and see how other goverments treat there people, hello that is why we are at war!!!!!!! Do you think this war is not a religlous war, if you don't your wrong! Dead wrong. These dumb ass Arabians, to get to Ala or however you spell it, they have to kill a Christian, they kill everyone that doesn't think the way they do. Is that how you would like to live, if this country stays the way it is, we are going to be close to that. Don't agree, try to get on an airplane with a metal item, toe nail clipper and tweezers. And watch how you're treated! Like I started this, this country is not perfect but it is the best country in the world.
    The USA does have an Offical lang. it was ruled in 1998, look it up mr. post facts! When was the last time you saw a stop sign written in another language?
    Your evidence is not at all that, "evidence"! What did you post that shows we were not founded under GOD? NO proof just more BS!!! Try to post a quote from a biography or from a real history book and not one of your right winged new life BS books!
    Great strategy, 'If you know you can't win a debate, run circles around the subject'. hello, your the one back tracking?!?!?!? As far as no more name calling and unsupported assertions, I will stop the name calling, only because I was raised right, as for posting evidence, I really don't care to put that much time into this. I feel you're not the type of person that is going to listen with an open mind so why should I continue to talk to you? You will only give some off the wall BS post anyway. This country was great and now it is falling becuase of people like you!
    P.S. I did not write this in the paper, it was e-mailed to me and I thought I would share it! I have had so many people e-mail me and IM me supporting it, you're the only one that has said one dumbass thing!!!!!! I'll help you move if you want?

P.S. I am done with this! I have a car to build and find info. for. I loved it and you dumb, :-X I mean you didn't like it. Good luck in life without GOD on your side?!?!?!

what pisses me off the most ,they didnt take over this country ,hell we gave it to them.we actually trained the mfers that flew those planes into the wtc.i worked in atlanta from late 99 to late 01,it was like being in a foreign country.i made real good money ,but i was single and never seen 38 percent of it.my hard earned money was buying stores and motels for people that couldnt even communicate with their customers,my tax money was paying for housing for people that had red circles on their forehead and towels around their heads.and on and on and on.i wish we could take it back.i flew to newark in mid 02 ,and was searched,i mean luggage billfoad and all.just about everyone searched that i seen was american