Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello,
    You guys, can call me bobme. I live in the USA - CA. Ive been reading about kit cars for about 5 years now. Reading and watching people build their kits, buy their kits, sell thier kits. And building them. I have seen great kits, and great finished work; I have also seen some bad, and piss poor work.
    My dream was to one day build my own kit, or car. I have been working on cars for 5 years and been around race cars all my life. With the GT lights to Prostock to Indy, I have been seen around thses cars seince the age of 6-7. I have talked to many great race car drivers, and even poked at their cars.
    I am also a computer programmer and I have worked on some computer games but never could get into it 100% becuase I am a hands on kinda of person and, not much hands on with building your own computer game, becuase you need to pass it on to to many other people, then your great game idea becomes pices of their idea and it never worked out to the way i liked it, some times they didnt even like what it became.
    Ive also put my time in with old blue. IBM, i passed my time with them and enjoyed the wave of cash while it lasted.
    Art work, I love to draw. I used to spend my time drawing jets and chopers and flying things. Then i got into Mech's, and then it hit me. Why waste my time on things i know will never become true? Why am I dreaming so much?

I stoped, i gave it some hard thinking, and around 3-4 years ago I started drawing cars. And only cars. Car frames, bodies, engine specs and blocks. New engine ideas, you name it i got paper on it. I printed 1000's of car plans and engine specs trying to do this, or that.

With my health failing and spending time in and out of the hospital I found its time to change my line of work. So I am looking at kit cars or kit car building. Over the next few weeks I will try to post some of my art work of cars I like, and I hope some of you will also. My goal is to start building foam molds and start working on some kits maybe.

Some of my friends are masters at working with fiberglass and carbon fiber. They have over 30 years with working with it. So it looks like I plan on getting into the kit building business soon, I hope if all goes well.
    I hope to be posting some drawings soon and some ideas.
    And I am glad to become apart of this online gathering.
    8)
    bobme.

Re:Hello!

Welcome bobme
    Wow you look like you have alot of experience with race cars and have a interesting life! I too was going to go for computer systems tech or computer programming but im also a hands on kinda guy and went for policeing instead lol ahh well anyhoo I wish you luck with your kit car... any ideas on what you wanted to build yet? If ya need any help, this online community forum (I would say) is one of the best for helping (I know most of those civ|c groups, all they do is critisize about other peopels cars isntead of helping) so I welcome you and hope you have fun. I also hope you feel better.
    Brad

where are you in cali?
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I live in sac. 8)

Welcome to the forums bobme. Im still somewhat new myself, but this place is a great source of information and everyone is extremely helpful. Im only sorry that I am not able to contribute to the help as much as my knowledge is about average...but we learn new things everyday ;D But anyway welcome to the site its a great place and lots of fun!!

you'll find that theres many kit people in ca, and no im not one
    of them. i'm 15 mins north of malibu in the T.O./newbury park
    area so im not near you by a long shot but hey thats
    what this sites for ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Yup thats why the internet was made ... either that, or for free music and movies ;D