Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, New to the Forum.

Hi, New to the Forum.

Hey every one, My name is Tom, I just recently got interested in kit cars. I am most familliar with honda's and stuff like that but what you do with cars is true beauty i mean any one can be a ricer, but i really admire ur cars. I would really like to learn more about working with fiberglass and stuff like that, what would you suggest that i could read any books sites or any thing? I am sorry but i m gonna be a total newbie for a while with some dumb questions and i just want to say sorry for that ahead of time :-\.

-Tom

Re:Hi, New to the Forum.

Welcome to the board. Don't feel sorry for "acting like a newbie" There's a lot of information just here on the board that will be great help to you for your fiberglassing questions, but I don't know of any other sites/books that are good to look at. Maybe someone else will chime in here. Feel free to ask any questions you have in the Technical Discussions topic of the forums and we'll be happy to help you out.

Ken

Hey Tom,

Since you like Hondas, I figured I'd throw this link at you for the Euroworks Attack Kit Car that uses Honda parts. It's very cool if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.euroworksltd.com

Ken

I seen that site already, and that is exactly why I want to know more about fiber glass. That site gave me some idea's and now i m looking into some books on chassis. That car site got me to think. I would like to get a cheap honda maybe like an old 4th genoration civic and use the interior and some of the accessorys and such like that. I would like to look into making a chassis for it, and making a interesting body for it. Which as of now i don't know too much about at all. It seems really involved and thats kinda what i m looking for i don't want an ordinary car. I mean civic hatchbacks are just glorified Geo Metros. In the car i would like to maybe put a 3.4L GM motor like alot of people do for fiero swaps, I doubt i would be able to afford an LS1 :P. Right now i m just looking into different things.

Thanks,
    Tom

P.S.
    If you need any advice on honda engines or turbo's i might be able to help you out.

What I want to do is not really go for one particular boby style i more or less want to take parts off cars i like and mimic them. For Example like the side off an NSX or some thig like that.

Welcome!!! ;D
    I, like you, when i first got to the forum was more interested in imports (yup i said it i was a huge ricer, and when i say that, i mean i put big exhausts and stickers on my car and had no HP to sho for it) but then I grew up and i started getting into custom stereos and interiors. Then when i could afford it i bought my first f355 spyder kit
    are you more into engine mods or custom body/interior work?
    Brad

Yes yes i was once pretty bad, vynal flames, huge mufflers,body kits, and my favorite 140hp for a 3400lb car. But now i m all about the go. I mean what is the piont of having a nice looking car when u run a respectful 17.8 in the quater. Just resently IDK why but i been looking at supercars and i just thought they were sexy little beasts. I kinda need to learn a crap load of new stuff. IDK how to do engine swaps for any thing other then the standard B-Series engine for the D-Series in a civic :. I want to learn more about Chassis work, Fiber Glass, and some thing on swaping out engines. This whole back engine thing is so new to me :P. What exactly is a trans-axle tranmission? The project i want to look into doing i m pretty sceptical in even starting it, due to my ignorance, and budget. But i still want to learn some thing on this stuff.

Thanks,
    Tom

What exactly do you have planned on starting. You talked about body panel swaps earlier. Give us a good clue at what you are planning and I'm sure there's plenty of us to give you good hints and suggestions on how to work things out.

Ken

I have no idea what i want to start exactly... I want to make a pretty light car. I been looking at body designs latly, I really like the lotus Elise, Acura NSX, Mclaren, 360 modena, and styles like that. What program would make designing it a bit easier, some kind of CAD? I would like to go for a more aggressive look then the Elise, but i like the back grill of the car where the engine is. Sorry i m so diffecult :

Thanks,
    Tom

http://www1.ttn.ne.jp/~b18c/wallpaper/img/nsx_ver3.jpg
    http://www.151boost.com/pix/car_imag...-hrev1_jpg.jpg
    http://jwtodd.com/2001_petit_lemans/33a_1024.jpg
    http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/c/...18/mclaren.jpg

So your wanting to make a "kitcar" but with parts from acura nsx ,Mclaren and the 360 modena? have you decided what chasis your going to put it on?
    Keep us posted im very interested
    Brad