Thread: 355 spider roof not complicated after this.

355 spider roof not complicated after this.

This is freaky. Have a look at this video.
    You may need to right click the link and "save target as"
    http://stweb.peel.edu.on.ca/sssweb/T...FoldaShirt.MPG
    Jim

Re:355 spider roof not complicated after this.

I am so tempted to try that right now... but I m in school. When I get home that is gonna be the first thing I do ;D

Jim:

I down loaded this video and although it is interesting, it contains a virus that crashed my laptop.

It attacks the winexplorer memory affecting email programs and browser programs. This will cause an error message to pop up and force you to reboot your system each time you access email or attempt to browse the internet. Apparently it contains some Chinese letters that get confused in the English based operating system once it is down loaded. I spent 4 hours on the hot line (loosely used term) with Microsoft to locate the problem.

Jus thought I would pass along the information. Once the download was deleted, everything worked again.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Jim:

I down loaded this video and although it is interesting, it contains a virus that crashed my laptop.

It attacks the winexplorer memory affecting email programs and browser programs. This will cause an error message to pop up and force you to reboot your system each time you access email or attempt to browse the internet. Apparently it contains some Chinese letters that get confused in the English based operating system once it is down loaded. I spent 4 hours on the hot line (loosely used term) with Microsoft to locate the problem.

Jus thought I would pass along the information. Once the download was deleted, everything worked again.

Dave
    No way .. I dont know everything but I seriously doubt an MPG file can corrupt your pc. Perhaps the downloading of Quicktime -- which this video requires, may have messed up something on your pc.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I am just passing along the information from Microsoft support. Don't shoot the messenger.

I just happen to be in the software business and that's what my contacts told me. I am sure the mpegs are safe for your computer, just not mine. Load away!

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Damn - that would have been nice to know while in Navy boot camp. LOL Im gonna try it when I get home ;D

;D

Actually there have been quite a few issues with the microsoft media players of late; if you follow the microsoft bugs mailing list. I didn't do much reading up on it, I just downloaded the "fixed" version. So, yes, I can see how someone could exploit that vulnerability by cleaverly coding a trojan/virus/you-name-it and wrap it around a mpeg, just waiting for someone to view it with the vulnerable player...

FunnyWheels i dont think it has a virus cause in order for you to view it online you have to download a portion. and on the computer i had it would have picked that up. it might not have been a virus but something else like it corupting another file.
    I dont wanna grow up i&#039;m a Toys R Us kid

Sorry Dave if this caused you problems. I had no idea.
    A friend emailed me the video and I watched it about as many times as I watched the 'spider roof go up' video.
    I just thought it was a neat video
    L8R
    Jim

Re: 355 spider roof not complicated after this.

Just to clear things up:
    The random error that pops up with a counter of 60 seconds is actually a network exploit. With XP, people figured out that by sending a certain signal to an XP machine a part of the system would crash and this would cause the system to reboot. THIS IS NOT DONE THROUGH FILES BUT DIRECTLY BROADCASTED. IT'S NOT A VIRUS* :P If you have this problem, there are patches from microsoft.

This video does have a bug/"hack" at the end so if you are afraid it might crash windows, stop it before the end.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com