Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst President in History

Worst President in History

This is really good. Don't know who took the time to put these numbers together but this needs to be sent across cyber-space for as many people to read as possible. It is incredible how soon we as a nation forget our history. So here's a little modern American History 101. Amusing perspective/comparison on Janet Reno, Hillary and Ted. Enjoy.

Worst president in history?

(The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the editor.
    Please forward to all on your list as this will put things in perspective

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war.
    They complain about his prosecution of it.
    One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S history.

Let's clear up one point: President Bush didn't start the war on terror.
    Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.
    ! Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II.
    Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
    From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
    an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea.
    North Korea never attacked us.
    From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
    an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
    Vietnam never attacked us.
    Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
    From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
    an average! of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
    Bosnia never attacked us.
    He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.
    Osama has attacke! d us on multiple occasions.
    Over 2,900 lives lost on 9/11.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us,
    President Bush has liberated two countries,
    rushed the Taliban, crippled al-Q! aida,
    put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot,
    captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
    We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year.
    Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq
    than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.
    That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time
    than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard
    than it took T! eddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq
    than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our military is GREAT!

Re:Worst President in History

Just a quick historical note:
    -----------
    -----------

The US didn't declare war against Germany when Japan attacked; The declaration of war against Japan was on Dec. 8th 1941, while war was declared against Germany and Italy on Dec. 11.

Germany and Italy also declared War against the US on Dec. 11, and I believe they technically did it "first" (unable to verify this though from a source I respect!), so although Pearl Harbour was undeniably linked to the entry of the US into WW2, this parallelism isn't entirely accurate, as Germany did in fact state - "We will attack you.".

This is not in offense to the war - it just bothers me when these emails are passed around which attempt to somewhat modify history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Just a quick historical note:
    -----------
    -----------

The US didn't declare war against Germany when Japan attacked; The declaration of war against Japan was on Dec. 8th 1941, while war was declared against Germany and Italy on Dec. 11.

Germany and Italy also declared War against the US on Dec. 11, and I believe they technically did it "first" (unable to verify this though from a source I respect!), so although Pearl Harbour was undeniably linked to the entry of the US into WW2, this parallelism isn't entirely accurate, as Germany did in fact state - "We will attack you.".

This is not in offense to the war - it just bothers me when these emails are passed around which attempt to somewhat modify history.
    I see what your saying, but I think the email is simplying suggesting that Japan attacking us led us into WW2 and perhaps we would never have entered if that had not happened. As you said, it probably would have happened anyway, but as history stands, Japan is the reason we entered WW2. But I agree that they were seperate instances. Anyway, thought the email was good so figured Id share. Bush is great!

I would say Bush is great, I think he has screwed up alot of things! He has taken alot of our rights away! I do think the war was and is needed, and I would like to think that his dead line "June 30th" is going to happen, we'll see?
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

I am solidly behind President Bush. I am a middle aged guy who fought in Viet-Nam for a year and a half. I qualify for kerry type metals but elected to not accept them. kerry is a coward of the tallest order like ted kennedy and I pray to God he never gets into office in my life time.

I can still see the planes hitting the World Trade Center, I have been to ground zero, I still remember the smell of rotting flesh mixed with twisted steel. I will never forget!

Bush has not taken our rights away, they are not free, you have to fight to keep them.

My wife and I hate war, we have six kids but have the mental capacity to realize we are doing what needs to be done to preserve our country including our neighbors to the north. It is best to fight the terrorists in Iraq rather than in the USA and Canada. Knock them out, cut off their funding and provide some common sense policies to the Iraqiís, void of terror.

Someone had to have the balls to draw a line in the sand and put a stop to it. He is the only person who can lead us through this mess to put an end to it once and for all.

Respectfully,

Dave Newman

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re: Worst President in History

Another something you won't see in the news...

He stepped on a land mine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing.
    Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see
    in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but God bless him.

Love,
    Justin

CPT Justin P. Dodge, MD
    Flight Surgeon, 1-2 AVN RGT
    Medical Corps, U.S. Army
    24858416.jpg

Attached is a picture of Mike McNaughton and President Bush.

I'll start off with saying that I'm one of those 'liberals' of which you speak. Was George W. Bush the worst president in history? Well, If I lived long enough to have experienced them all,. I might know that answer. I do believe that he is the worst president in my life time tho. Lets take a look at all the presidents that I had to choose from to be the worst. I will list all the presidents in my life time and also list the most controversial thing to happen in their administration:

Reagan: The Iran Contra http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra_Affair

George H.W. Bush: Vomited on Miyazawa Kiichi http://www.japan-101.com/business/miyazawa_kiichi.htm

William Clinton: Whitewater http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_Scandal

George W. Bush: WMD's, The patriot act, Chicken-Hawking, Ties to the Bin Laden family, Enron. For more, please read here http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

I think it is pretty self evident that George W Bush has been the worst president in my life time. You have to remember that the president is not your friend and you have an obligation to protect your countries future by selecting the president that will actually lead America. America is a wonderful country and voting or supporting somebody that might (key word is 'might') lead us in the wrong direction is just irresponsible. I don't like John Kerry all that much either but I do know that he at least put his life on the line for this country. With John Kerry, I know that my 73 year old dad wont have to worry about medicare getting privatized (he goes to the doctor about 5-6 times a month can you imagine how much that will cost our family?). George W bush has turned a record surplus into a record deficit in less than three years! I'm not trolling or trying to start a flame post, I'm just asking you to please be subjective when selecting the person you support. Look at their positives and acknowledge their negatives.

Welkin:

Where were you on 9/11, or have you forgotten so quickly.*There seems to bs a lack of knowledge about protecting our country.* Letís discuss the selection of candidates to protect our country.* Joke Kerry served for 93 days in Viet-Nam.* He also knew that if he got wounded 3 times he would be sent home.* I donít know if you watch c-span or not but people who served with kerry and in the same unit as Kerry call him a ďBold Faced LiarĒ.* Here are some of the reasons the 207 people went on c-span to tell the nation about this guy.* He got his first purple heart when a round of ammunition fired into the water to test a machine gun popped a drop of hot metal on his hand about the size of a mark from a rose bush thorn.* His second came when he slipped on the deck of his Swift boat.* It seems they were water skiing and turned to quickly and one person fell overboard.* He stopped the boat and went to pull the guy out of the water.* In the process he slipped and cut a 1 inch long spot on his knee.* Oh by the way, the got a silver star for pulling the guy out. And the list goes on.* His last purple heart was from dropping a soup can on his big toe.* Then when he returned to the states he threw his metals onto the Whitehouse steps.* That was an insult to every veteran who ever served.* The man is a coward.* The right person is leading this country.* Yes I know it isnít popular to have a war, it never is, people die.* Freedom is not free.

I get a little upset when I hear from people donít care know the facts but like to hate a president for keeping our country safe.* I spent a year and a half in Viet-Nam, MCB 133, I have a big scar on my right leg from napalm that reminds me daily of my friends on the wall in DC, I have one finger sewn back on as a result of a rocket attack.* I declined the purple heart because the guys who deserved them are in body bags.* I still have my metals and ribbons proudly displayed in my drawer. I hate war too, but the choice is fight them on their soil and cut off their money supply or have them come into the US and Canada to kill our families.* Yes, some people have to pay for health car like your 73 year old dad.* My dad died when I was 19, he was 48, I have a mother who is 83 with cancer, a mother in law 81, that we are putting into a nursing home this weekend who has 15% of her heart functioning, a father in law who is 85 with Parkinsonís disease and Alzheimerís disease, a hip replacement and just about to die.

So please donít try to feed me this crap about Bush.* He is a leader who tells the truth and sticks to his word.* I support him to the end and 99% of our military does as well.* Isnít it great that you can voice your opinions no matter how flawed they are.* Please do you research and get back to me with some facts not liberal propaganda.* We all have challenges in life but free health care isnít free, just like freedom isnít free.* We all have to pay.* If your in the states, you tax base is more than likely 28% of your income.* Ask someone in Canada about their taxes.* More like 60%.*

Dave

Thanks for the new info. Before I go on I want to ask if you could please not call me names because we disagree. I'm quite amused at how John Kerry got his awards, kinda pathetic when you think about it. Although he still volunteered for war unlike George W. Bush who avoided it. I already told you that I didnt really like Kerry so don't act like I do. About Mr. Bush, I did not tell you anything false about him and if you believe I have, by all means explain where I am wrong. Thats what debate is all about. I have an interesting idea about how we can both learn about the people we support. Make a list of all the things John Kerry has been accused of as well as a list of all the benefits that he offers and I will do the same for George W. Bush. This way we can both learn about our prefered candidates.

1) His administration did absolutly nothing to prevent 9/11 even though there was a PDB that warned of the potential hijackings of airplanes by Usama Bin-Laden.

2) High ranking officials in his administration revealed to Robert Novak that the wife of Joseph Wilson was an undercover CIA operative after Joseph Wilson disproved allegations that Iraq tried to buy uranium in Niger. It is a federal crime to reveal such information.

3) George W. Bush invaded Iraq without UN support even though Iraq was fully complying with U.S. demands to allow weapons inspectors in Iraq.* George W. Bush cited 'Weapons of mass destruction' as the reason to invade Iraq. We still havent found them, a year later and now we have 834 brave american soldiers dead.

4) During the first three years of the Bush-Cheney administration, the unemployment rate increased by one-third and 2.2 million jobs were lost, and the country has gone from a $281 billion surplus to a $521 billion deficit. Debt has increased 23% from $5.7 trillion, to $7 trillion. Bush recently restated his pledge to create 2.6 million jobs, stating "5.6% unemployment is a good national number." However, the New York Times recently uncovered a White House report indicating that the president is considering reclassifying low-paid fast-food jobs as higher-paid manufacturing jobs to make it appear like the unemployment rate is going down.

The list goes on, but im sure you are as tired of reading about the negatives as I am tired of typing them. Okay,.. now for the 'positives'.

1) If you make more than $200,000 a year, you can count on big fat tax cuts while the rest of us 'working and middle class' people get an average tax cut of about $300.

2) If you dont like the thought of black people in universities.

3) Vote for George W. Bush if you think that schools that need assistance should have financial support taken away.

4) You think the Iraq War is best justified after hundreds of American deaths and thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths and that Bush is going to need until at least 2006 to find any weapons in Iraq.

FunnyWheels, your service to this amazing country is very admirable and I greatly respect you for it. However, don't think that you speek for all Viet-Nam vets. I've got a friend as well as an uncle who are Viet-Nam vets and both agree with me on iraq and George W. Bush. You are right, freedom is not free. But I do recall a great american president as once saying, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Please don't let our political diffrences in any way erode our brotherhood as americans and members of this really awesome community.* 8)