Thread: Very Sad thing happened tonight.

Very Sad thing happened tonight.

Sorry guys my post was cut off.
    This is not kitcar related but I thought I'd share it with everyone. Tonight we had a small barB-Q and just before 10 PM I was walking to the front of my house to thank my brother for stopping by. As I made it threw the front door I heard a loud bang squeiling to a hault. At first I thought a dog was hit but as the smoke cleared and I ran toward the scene. I noticed the windshield
    with a big impact on the passenger side. My brother and I were the first there and realized the car "Dodge Intrepid" had hit a young kid on a skateboard. The driver had to of been going between 45-50 MPH when it hit him. He was thrown after he went into the windshield and
    landed just beside the car after it was able to stop, Approx 35-40 feet. "Without getting into too much detail" I approached the person on
    the ground reaching my hand down to him. I've never seen anything like this. it all happend so fast yet so slowly in my mind. It was horrible. He was bleeding from his mouth and ears and convoltsing very bad. Next thing I knew a policeman told me to get back and
    not to touch or move him. I knew better not to move him,* After a few minutes EMT's were there and then lifeflight. . He was moving but it quickly stopped. The medic's weren't working very fast I think they already knew it was too bad. They closed the road off and they're
    out there now measuring and taking pics of the scene. Just wanted to tell everyone if you have or know young kids that skateboard
    or ride bikes in the road. explain what can happen if they're not careful. And also Please remember this young person and his family in your prayers ... thanks

David

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Re: Very Sad thing happened tonight.

so what ended up happening? ???
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I hope the guy in the car gets whats coming. In a neighbor hood with lots of kids at play and houses speed should only be 25. dont know if you all thought about this but it kinda made me think what was going through the drivers mind when he did it, or what he was doing.
    I dont wanna grow up i&#039;m a Toys R Us kid

awww thats soooo sad MAN I HATE THAT!!! Around my ex girlfriends Neighborhood its 40 Km/h and its for good reason cuz theres kids EVERYWHERE and when I see my stupid friends racing around in there hondas I wanna pull them out and give em a beating (well no but...) and YES the next time I see them I do say something but its all about maturity brains and if they dont wanna listen they dont have to but this will be a good lesson...Im just sad that innocent kids/people have to die to prove a point...

Brad

My prayers are with the family.

Once again,, Maturity forces us to deal with our mortality. This is way up on the list of things we should never have to experience. I feel for you and for the family of the child. Spread the word and hope to make a difference.

Thanks for your prayers everyone. Last I heard the driver of the car was an 18 year old girl. It was 9:31 PM and she was driving
    without her headlights on. It was plenty dark for lights to be used. Everything happened so fast that I didn't even realize her
    lights were off. Now that I think about it, there's no way the kid even knew what hit him. Cruzin' down the road on your skateboard
    and not seeing any lights behind you, you would never think a car was there. And the sad thing is the girl in the car never touched
    the brakes until it was too late. It was so sad, I'll never forget it.

David

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Thats one of the most stupidest things ever. i have seen a lot more ppl driving with out headlights and maybe there running lights on. im starting to think that the daytime running lights on the newer cars should be on all cars to where they turn on automatically at dusk. then maybe things like this would have been avoided. also with her not stoping that just gets to me if i was driving i would first of all been driving really slow and if i did see a kid i slam on the breaks and try to just creap up on what i saw. and to think they droped the driving age.

Many countries require lights to be on at all times. Our buick (canadian) has lights on whenever the handbrake is released. It's actually great for lazy people, and alot safer too. Also, for anyone used to engaging the ebrake whenever parking (like me), it's impossible to drain your battery by leaving lights on.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Thats why i like some of the new cars. They have the day time running lights that come on when you start up the car and go off when you turn the car off.