Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer help needed

Computer help needed

Is there anybody on here really good with computers and even better at teaching. I have a few problems going on and I'm not sure whats going on, looking for help, need someone to walk me through a few thinks.

Also would like to ask some advise on a few other issues when they have time.

P.S. I know a few things so your not really having to start from scratch, Thanks!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re: Computer help needed

what kind of problems?

Well, I will start with these 3.
    1.)The only time I have volume is when playing anything from Imesh. I dont even get to hear that gay little song or tone when I log on to windows XP home.

2.)When I go to start, than turn off computer, my stand by is no longer lit up?

3.)when I scroll down on a page using my Kenington Optical Elite mouse the pages jump instead of a smooth flow going up or down.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Open "System Restore" (go to help and search for it to open it) and reset your computer back to a date or time when it was working better. Something happened, or was installed, that might be eating your system resources and making things much slower.

This might fix your other problems also. System Restore is probably THE best feature of XP! 8)

true system restore is great i never used it on XP but i did on ME and worked great if not try re-install XP you can fix it with the disk put the disk in and it will ask if you want to fix a current XP or install a new one.. hope that helps. if you dont have it might need to buy a new one, i got a copy of XP PRO if you need it just dont register it "hint hint"

i would advise againt reinstalling XP... it will forget what programs are installed (although your data will still be fine) and bring you tons of 'fun' :
    as for the 'repair' function, well try it and tell me how far you get, i never understood what its really for :P
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I did the system restore and everything is all better but the sound is still not on here besides when I play something on IMESH? Do I need a sound program or maybe I have too many on here, one will take away from another right?

Try going to --- Control panel--- then ---- sounds and audio devices ---- and make sure that under the audio tab, that your device is listed and not this other thing you are talking about. Try playing sounds while in there and see if you notice something else. Something may have "stolen" your default device? 8)

Under audio the first thing is sound play back and the only opt. is Modem #0 line play back
    the second line is sound recording and its only opt. is Modem #0 line record
    the third is MIDI music playback and its not letting me click on it.
    On the bottom of that page is a block I checked and unchecked "Use only default devices" either way it does not change anything?

P.S. guys thanks for your help here!!!

Do you have a sound card or is it "on board"? Do you know how to install hardware devices? Modem #0 doesn't sound good to me. Sounds like your sound card got corrupted or something.. I would try to re-install any sound devices (usually something with SB or soundblaster in it) Look under the system info to see if anything helps give a clue.* *(slowly getting there).......* 8)