Thread: Advertisement for Air Dynamics Ferrari kits

Advertisement for Air Dynamics Ferrari kits

Do you think John could get away with advertisement like this?

Just imagine,"Why buy this car....Air Dynamics Ferrari replicas....half the price,twice the reliability"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...933375071&rd=1
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: Advertisement for Air Dynamics Ferrari kits

Could somebody photo shop a logo like "Air Dynamics Ferrari F355" on the side of my trailer? I really like the font that Ron(sactodreamer) has on his signature sign off.

This will be the new home for my AD 355 when I get aroung to affording one. Please, nobody tell John Watson, I would really like it to be a surprise for him when I show up at the BBQ with my Air Dynamics trailer. I wonder if he would want me to go to Carlisle for advertisement or if this idea will let his underground operation out of the bag. I dont want certain Ferrari police to find out 8).

Any photo art would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Bob:

That trailer looks great...It makes me want to go racing again!

How about building a 355 Challenge replica!

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    How about building a 355 Challenge replica!
    I have honestly thought about doing that because I need the wider rear track width in the back. It would make it easier to finish the interior off too . Seriously, do you think John would be able to make me the wider rear quarter panels for my extra tire width that is needed? Do you have pics of the differences between the production model and the Challenge body panels?

There is no difference in the body panels on either car. All of the Challenge cars have a rear screen instead of a rear metal panel. The brakes are Brembo, the headlights are removed and a flat fiberglass panel fitted into it's place (one comes with the AD kit). Here is a copy of the 348 Challenge Car Specs from Tommy Hilfiger's 348 Team in Miami. I will look up the 355 to add to the link. I have additional photos if you need them.

Dave

Organized by Ferrari North America and its authorized dealers, the US series of the Ferrari Challenge is sanctioned by GrandAm and SCCA, it is run very much in the spirit of the championship as Ferrari originally envisaged it.
    The US Challenge offers clients the opportunity of competing against other Ferrari owners in a highly enjoyable racing series run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. The format, which actively encourages nonprofessional privateers rather than those seeking a career in racing, has proved immensely popular over the years, giving hundreds of owners the chance to take to the track in earnest.
    Modified from the 348 TB, the 348 GTB was a two-seater berlinetta with dynamic performance characteristics worthy of the marquees best tradition. Its sports orientation was best expressed on the track, as proven by the 348 Challenge, which saw this car race on circuits in Europe and the US. Its styling was harmonious and aerodynamically efficient and the mid-mounted V8 engine ensured perfect weight distribution and class beating power.

Heir to the 328 GTB, the 348 TB was actually a completely new car which offered a new interpretation of the two-seater mid-engined V8 berlinetta. The body combined styling cues from the Testarossa - along the flanks - with ones from classic models from the past, such as the front-end treatment, which was reminiscent of the 375 MM. Mated to a new transverse gearbox, the longitudinally-mounted engine produced 300 bhp (221 kW), which the new high torsional strength semi-monocoque chassis transferred to the road extremely efficiently.

Technical specification

Model 348 CHALLENGE
    Engine Rear-mounted, longitudinal 90 V8, light alloy cylinder block and head
    Timing gear 4 valves per cylinder, twin overhead camshafts per cylinder bank
    Bore and stroke 85 x 75 mm
    Unitary and total displacement 425.62/3,405 cc
    Compression ratio 10.4:1
    Maximum power 300 bhp at 7,200 rpm; 88 bhp/litre
    Transmission Dry twin-plate clutch, 5-speed gearbox + reverse, ZF limited-slip differential
    Chassis Steel monococque and tubular rear sub-frame
    Front suspension Double wishbones, coil springs and gas dampers
    Rear suspension Double wishbones, coil springs and dampers
    Length 4230 mm
    Width 1894 mm
    Height 1170 mm
    Wheelbase, front and rear track 2,450/1,502/1,578 mm
    Curb weight 1,393 kg
    Front tires 215-50 ZR 17
    Rear tires 225-50 ZR 17
    Fuel tank 95 litres
    Top speed 275 km/h

The car I have for auction is a two owner factory car. It is a 348 TS Challenge, Targa with removable hardtop for that wind in your hair feeling. Originally owned by FERRARI of Washington, DC and then sold to Auto Palace LLC, a franchised Porsche in the late 90's. They campaigned the car for several years. The car has been recently serviced and includes timing belts, Upgraded Ferrari racing instrumentation (Digital read out dash and all new wiring harness, $2500 alone.), Replaced clutch Disc, Replaced lower and upper ball joints, replaced Lower and upper tie rods, Rebuilt Clutch slave cylinder, V/C Gaskets, Cam Seals, Cam O ring, AIR, fuel and Oil filters, Racing Tires, Alternator rebuilt and belts. All this work was done within the last 2 years and performed at Auto Palace in Pittsburgh, PA and I have receipts in hand.
    Mileage on the car was 8002 in 1/29/01. After that the dash was replaced with a digital dash which does not keep track of mileage. So, the car is being sold with actual miles unknown. It does have a lot of great features, such as lap counter and timers as well as rev limiter and more. I really haven't had a chance to play with it yet as it is cold and rainy in St. Louis......Waiting for a track day!

The car is fully ready to race at SCCA sanctioned events as well as any Ferrari Events. It has a full body padded roll cage with 2 new racing seats and 5-point racing harness for both seats. This car has a Tubi type open exhaust and adds lots of horsepower not to mention a sound that IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!! Wanna go for a ride? The Challenge car first came available in the 1993 season. The car has been recently repainted but never damaged, so states the previous owner. There are minimal nicks from track use, but no scratches or major blemishes of any kind. The car is equipped with ABS braking system and has superlight Speedline racing wheels shod with new racing slicks. The car does have front and rear lights.
    So please bid with confidence and start planning a trip to St. Louis...I am 20 minutes from the airport and will gladly pick you up. And as always I offer a money back deposit guarantee!

If you have waited for nothing but the best, then your wait is now over! MotoeXotica is offering one of the rarest of all FERRARI 348's. The 1994 348 CHALLENGE CAR, 1 of few that were produced, this car is track ready and prepped to win! Freshly Serviced with receipts in hand........
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Bob,

Here is my attempt, I added the SF shield cause I thought it might look cool along with the text.* I'm not really that good at photoshopping stuff, I can change it a bit if you want.* Songman on the forum sent me the font file, here is his profile so you can email him requesting the file:

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...=profile;u=324

I don't know how to sent the font file to you since I recieved it as a zip file.* I unzipped it, installed it, and deleted the zip file.

Ron

Thanks Ron, That looks way better than what I would even know how to do. Here is a picture of the interior of my trailer since the above pictures from previous posts are no longer there.

That trailor is awesome. What do they cost used? I could justify one of those for transporting mattresses around and parking da 355 in it as well.

As far as graphics, I use a Vinyl guy locally that can do anything in vinyl. In fact the name of his biz is Anythingvinyl.com!

you send him the artwork and He'll produce it.

I would put the sheild on the door, then how about a life size sillhouette of a 355 in a solid red piece of vinyl as if its your car inside. Then have "Air Dynamics" above the car in black....

just a thought... ill send you an example

These trailers go for about $4000-5000 used in great shape for an 8.5'x26'. Mine is insulated, checker floored, interior lighting with wall switches and chrome diamond plate trim everywhere, LED lights, etc. It was about $7000 but a bit of an over kill now that I look back at it. Boy I must love loosing money :-\.

That vinyl Idea sounds sweet!! I actually did want to put the shield on the door and the font in black, but I never thought of a realistic side profile of a 355. I would like to keep the cost of this advertisement fairly reasonable.

Let me know what you come up with and feel free to post it here. Thanks!!