Thread: Just got home from a good friends wake

Just got home from a good friends wake

THOMAS W. ROBERTS Age 32 years, of Lake Dale Carlia, formerly of Crown Point, passed away on Monday, November 8, 2004. Tom was a graduate of Crown Point High School, Class of 1990. He was a graduate of the State of Indiana Police Academy. He served as an E.M.T. and Correctional Officer at the Lake County Police Department prior to becoming a Lake County Police Officer. He served as a Lake County Police Officer for 9 years, presently assigned to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (D.E.A.). He was a member of the F.O.P. Lodge #125 and the Crown Point Masonic Lodge #F. & A.M. #157. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Joe Hutnick, and paternal grandparents, Edna and Willard Jimison. He is survived by his parents, Kenneth W. and Katherine (nee Hutnick) Roberts of Crown Point; 1 brother, Major Michael L. (Jacki) Roberts of Sidney, Australia; 1 sister, Christine L. (Dan) Buehrle of Indianapolis, IN; paternal grandfather, Marion W. (Pat) Roberts of Gilman, IL; maternal grandmother, Irma E. Hutnick of Hobart; 3 nieces, Astraea, Madeleine and Lauren; and 1 nephew, Jacob. Funeral services Friday, November 12, 2004, 11:00 a.m. at Burns Funeral Home (corner 101st and Broadway) Merrillville/Crown Point Chapel with Pastor/Chaplain Duane G. Johnson and and Chaplain/Father Joseph E. Vamos (Chaplains for Lake County Police Department and Merrillville Police Department) officiating. Services will terminate at the funeral home with cremation to follow at the Burns Funeral Home Crematory. Friends may visit with the family at the funeral home on Thursday from 2-8 p.m. Contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re: Just got home from a good friends wake

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It seems to be more commonplace to hear of these very young individuals parishing. May I inquire as to exactly how he passed on? Was he Diabetic?
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Thats very sad. I'm sorry to hear this great person has left us. So young
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

my condolences

This is so sad to have happen to someone so young, only 32.

One of our dear friends has cancer of the pancreas and has only weeks to live. She is only 50, clean living, exercised, non smoker, so what gives with all of this stuff anyway. It is just so sad. Her son is 27 and she is a middle school teacher.

My prayers are with your friend and ours tonight.

Please accept our condolences,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I would like to start by saying thank you for all the kind words! The main reason I posted this is he took his own life. He was a guy that you never would have thought "he would do that", he was happy at work, he had money "well off parents", had alot of good friends? So its true you just never know. If you have a friend or a loved one, just remind them your always going to be there for them and let them know you care. I just don't know why and I guess we will never know?!?!?!
    Again thanks for the kind words!

Yes he was superstang460
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

They never seem to have things going that bad and catch us all by surprise when something like this happens. In late august my very dear friend Colin,21, passed away. That inspired me to build this sportbike of mine because Colin and I both said "we'll start it next week" or "someday will get it done". Well that someday never came so I kicked it into overdrive to make sure it did get done the way he would have liked to see it.

Less than one month later our good friend Eric,24, swallowed a shotgun. Never suspected a thing. No problems at work, sweet girlfriend, living at home with rich parents. The worst part was we were all good friends and to see the same young people at the same funeral home in a months time. I believe that everything does happen for a reason. It may take me twenty years to figure it out but there is a reason for events happening in the exact order they do.

I know personally it is hard to swallow, but hang in there buddy. I feel for you, really, I do.
    Best regards,
    Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions