Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: odd and interesting question

odd and interesting question

has any one ever seen the show called knight rider? the car was able to talk and drive on its own. anybody ever actually thought or tried to figure out if it would be possible to have a remote controled real car?? any body know if it would actually be possible give me some thoughts cause i have thought about this often.
    I dont wanna grow up i'm a Toys R Us kid

Re: odd and interesting question

Been done. Check out monster garage on tlc/discovery channel. Jesse raced the monster remote control car they built. It was slow to react but worked.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Toyota has a neat self-parking car

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,60154,00.html

ok now another question to ponder. would it be possible to make the real car remote to drive over and pick you up. more or less im woundering if you could use a video cam in the front of the car to moniter it or some other way if it would be possible?
    I dont wanna grow up i&#039;m a Toys R Us kid

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    ok now another question to ponder.* would it be possible to make the real car remote to drive over and pick you up.* more or less im woundering if you could use a video cam in the front of the car to moniter it or some other way if it would be possible?
    You need to buy a book or get a new hobby!!!
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

It's all possible. You could setup switchable cameras for the different views and hook those to LED display glasses. Controlling the car is the same as a huge RC car... with huge motors. I use to come up with all sorts of crazy ideas for making the Knight Rider Trans Am a reality. Check out some robots sites and they have all sorts of crazy gizmos for stuff like that.

you can buy robot kits and even use lego Mindstorm sets and reprogram them in C++ to follow camera queues like a certain color, light, etc.. Theres many little robots that follow red balls and such, but why would you want that for a car? you got a deadly, expensive, and complex disaster waiting to happen. it could decide to pick up a tree 300 miles away and you couldnt stop it ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    why would you want that for a car? you got a deadly, expensive, and complex disaster waiting to happen. it could decide to pick up a tree 300 miles away and you couldnt stop it* ;D
    Yeah... but nobody elses car can drive 300 miles to pick up a tree, could they???? ;D It's all the "I've got something you don't have" complex. A Full sized RC car would be cool, but I don't know about having the computer do the driving..... I don't trust electronics THAT much. I HAVE watched the Matrix and The Terminator movies

The only way that technology will ever work is if you make all the humans walk.
    OOPS
    did I say that out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithInnovations
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    why would you want that for a car? you got a deadly, expensive, and complex disaster waiting to happen. it could decide to pick up a tree 300 miles away and you couldnt stop it* ;D
    yea but if you controled the car like a RC car it wouldnt happen like that. why i sugested cameras in the car so you could have a remote thats more advanced to where it would show you from a drivers point the front rearview and sides. now i think im going to check this out. and Bobby i do have a hobby and books this is just an odd though that crossed my mind when watching a movie.
    I dont wanna grow up i&#039;m a Toys R Us kid