Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F40

Ferrari F40

Hi just recently joined this forum and am about to start building an F40 replica and advice would be welcome and parts ,I'm building mine using a 308 chassis which I have and for now I'm going to run an Audi v8 with a 01e gearbox,that's where I am at the moment. Raf

Welcome to the forum and sounds like a really nice project and a lot the same way Ferrari started their F40 adventure. Start with a 308 chassis and history/experience and go from there.....

For inspiration, have a look at plasticfantastic's build thread on his F40 journey.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...rth-build.html I think the initial pictures may be missing now but not sure as I did not see some when I went to get the link above.

Post some pics of your progress and ask lots of questions. We have never been accused of not having an opinion on here...

When posting though, get an external picture hosting service and link the pictures in to your posts. There is no uploading pictures to this service any more.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing the build.

Good luck
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Welcome Raf.
    PM sent.

welcome, here's something that may help as a guide

http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/ind...ic,1963.0.html

http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/index.php/topic,415.0.html
    cheers
    Darren

Thanks for links Darren

Thanks Don, I’m hoping to get something done quite quickly, I should have the suspension on and sitting on four wheels by Christmas but then need to lengthen the chassis 100mm. Did plasticfanststic finish his car and is he still around? . Raf

Welcome to the F40 crowd! Although mine is Fiero based, it has still been an enjoyable work in progress. I can pm you pictures, if you wish. Steve

Interested in your progress Raf. I'm thinkin about purchasing a fiero built F40 I have a line on. Been investigating A TON of info on these before making the buy. Will need a lot of modifying. Looks like most the F40 guys that use to post here aren't around anymore.

Where did you find a 308 frame at? That's a great start.

Keep us posted and good luck!!

I had posted a lot about my F40 originally, as I was going through an importation nightmare, getting it into Mexico from Canada. Got that done after 3 years stuck at the US/ Mexico border. After that spent 3 years reworking the wiring and redoing the interior ( mice got at it while it sat outside in a storage compound.) Is looking and driving very good now, but needs a new rear stepglass, and THAT has become a big problem ( see my post on Consumer Opinions) I will say that driving it is a blast, and the attention it gets here can be overwhelming. Nobody has ever seen one here. Being an ex SCCA racer, this car makes me want to take it up and track it at Brainerd on the 3 mile track I used to race at. It is stuck on rails with the stiff suspension and wide tires. Just a note: mine has 16 inch rims, and you will NOT find the 315/40R 16 tires for the rear anywhere anymore. You will have to go to 17 or larger rear rims. Can still get the 245 fronts on 16 inch. My advice: go for it! A lot of work, but the end result will make you proud! Steve

Hi all,

I'm still around! And my project continues, I've been back onto it lately now the weather is getting worse!

I'm currently working on the front end fitment and front inner wheel tubs.

Cheers