Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Looking for picts/info: Geo Storm windshield transplant to Fiero

Senior Member CHRISTOPHE de France's Avatar
    Hello Bloozberry,

Thank you for this very specific link.
    I will print all this and study.
    Your work is fantastic, I've watched you everywhere, here on Madmechanics, on PFF, and on your blog.

http://bloozeown.weebly.com/

I am very far from your know-how.
    But I learn here in France, thanks to people like you.
    Thanks again for that.
    Here is a great community.

I thought the sunscreen on the NS 355 Project was a Ferrari 355/348 OEM windscreen. It is by seeing the label on the picture

See you soon

Christophe

Thanks Christophe for your kind words. It is a community of mutually benefitting folks... we all benefit from each other's creativity, trials, and errors.

Your comment about the glass has got me questioning whether the windshields Graham (NS355) and I bought are actually from the batch of custom-made windshields for the Fiero or whether they're authentic Ferrari replacement windshields. I too saw the sticker but I just figured it was simply the way the company decided to label these custom pieces. But now that I think about it, I found the glass to be too narrow for the Fiero A-pillars, in fact, I had to add an extra metal strip down each A-pillar to bridge the gap. That's not something I would expect to have to do if they had been made for the Fiero. I have a friend who has an authentic F348 so I'll get him to measure his windshield and see if they're the same width and height.

Blooz;

Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on your perspective.....) you got the replica screens. I found when I went to put my screen in the 308, it was smaller than the Fiero frame opening as well. I got a good seal around the screen but it was close in a couple places. I ended up using a 3/4" wide screen surround to cover the gap.

I was surprised about the difference of the glass to the frame since John and Funnywheels had made the template using a Fiero and the oem 35 screen cowl plate. The glass is close but not as close as I would have expected.

Christophe;

You are better to use the Sebring screen as it is easier to get and you can replace it if it cracks or gets a rock chip. All of us that are using the custom screen need to get a second one as insurance in case the first one breaks.....

Good luck with the work if you go that way.
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Blooz;
    Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on your perspective.....) you got the replica screens. Don
    Thanks for clearing that up Don.

Hello everyone,
    Currently, I am on the idea to put the windshield of Sebring (1995-2000).
    I contacted ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER to make me the adaptations to put this windscreen on the fiéro. Which he accepted with great sympathy, for me, and he sent them to me in France.
    I found the information here: http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...ari-style.html
    I think that's a good solution for me.
    If you have information for grafting on fiberglass, I have all the material but I lack practice, I still train.
    I will then use your experiences (Boz and Don) to design my windscreen wiper system, I translate everything (approximately, because I am not a maestro of English, despite my trip to the USA), and then I make sheets of paper, with the search for the parts that I will need and the technique of installation. I know it's archaic, but I'm sui draftsman ... so .... I need you. Thank you again to all of you.

Just for information, is this windshield that I have to buy?

I'd rather check with you.

Thank you

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...5014532AB.html

Christophe;

I am not sure if it is the correct glass as the info on the page was not specific from what I could find. You need to make sure you get the 1996 Sebring Coupe windshield not the convertible. The convertible windshield is different. As long as you confirm it is the coupe, you should be fine.

Good luck
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hello Don,

Thank you for your reply I will better inquire.
    I found in France a supplier who can get one for 800 US $.
    I find it a little expensive.
    I continue my research directly in the USA.
    Thank you for everything.

Hello everyone ,

I ordered the 2 parts to fit a Chrysler Sebring Coupe 1996, on a Pontiac Fiero. ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER produces them and sends them to France, A very big THANK YOU to him, and has you all for your help.

I have a question (maybe stupid, but I prefer to ask): The sebring windscreen is a windscreen, glued or with a seal?

Because I will make my order at Rockauto, and they propose a joint, in addition to the windscreen.
    I do not know if it's a decorative seal, or the seal laying?

https://www.rockauto.com/fr/catalog/...eld+glass,6512

https://www.rockauto.com/fr/catalog/...ing+/+seal,766

Thank you for your help.

PS: Michael, (Bodyman), I try to join you for your photo proposal for 1 month and I have no answer. Thank you for writing me, I will need you to install all that ... windscreen and windscreen wipers.

A big thank-you.

Christophe