Thread: kITCAR INTERIORS

kITCAR INTERIORS

I would like to know if anyone has thought about using interiors from existing cars in their kitcars. The interior of a BMW 6 series would look nice in a F430 replica. The only reason I ask this question, is because using these interiors would add alot to the finished product. What do you guys think?

Re: kITCAR INTERIORS

Mr. Ashlock would certainly agree with you! Jim installed all of the components he could from a wrecked Pontiac GP into his AD355.
    http://www.madmechanics.com/index.ph...ach=6568;image

I agree. I am not a fan of most replica interiors.

Many many builders utilize the donor interiors on their builds. Extreme uses the MR2 interior on their Murcie builds, since that is the donor platform. Look at how many Countaches were built retaining the Fiero interior.
    Some builders are building replicas though, and nothing short of an accurate interior will do. Its only recently that people have wanted more from their interiors. They have always seemed to be an after-thought, and nobody was spending any time to replicate it accurately. Things are different now, and OEM style interiors are available for many different kits. Maintaining the donor interior is fine on a "kitcar", but will never fly on a "replica".
    Without talent experience is worthless

Rob/Amida makes an excellent quality F355 interior and also a couple of others if my memory serves me correctly. I have one of the F355 interiors and it is OEM or better in construction. You would not be disappointed if you go this route.
    Nelson

im using mostly all the interior from a 06 grand prix in my murcie..... im using a fiero base.... reason im using this interior is bc im using the entire wire harness so my motor is plug and play.. i like the steering wheel and column, and the gauges are kinda close. but im glassing the GP interior and the fiberglass murcie dash together. so it still resembles a murcie..... sounds crappy but it looks good in my head.... well just have to wait and see how it turns out..... but to answer your question.. yes if you dont care about an accurate kit, then this is a great idea.... some of us dont have the interior skills like some other great builders so why not just use something else that is already there..... i like the idea... fitment can always be done, then wiring if you wanted to utilize the gauges and what not...