Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: F40 Slow but worth it.....BUILD

Any progress? I hope you kept the replica and are still chipping away?

Hi all,

I wish there was an update but unfortunately work and other commitments mean that i havent touched the project for a long time but the decision has been made to keep it and to one day finally finish it!

Cheers

Hi all,

I wish there was an update but unfortunately work and other commitments mean that i havent touched the project for a long time but the decision has been made to keep it and to one day finally finish it!

Cheers

Looking amazing;

Good to see you are back at it. There are several of us in the same timeline for getting time to get out to the garage and finish our projects. Life gets in the way of a good time a lot.....

looking amazing so hopefully you are able to keep it up for a bit.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hi Don,

Thanks for the comment,

Life can be very up and down at times! but at the moment it seems to be going in a much more positive direction. I have a job building race cars again and doing it all day really pushes me to finish my own stuff more.

The last few months have seen quite a change in the f40 now, as you can see in the pictures the tub is now bonded together and the majority of the cab rear bulkhead has been finished. I have layed up the reare wheel tub since these pictures so next step is to finish the left hand rear arch and a little work on the L/H cab window and vent. Then the plan is to lift the shell off its current table and ive bought a chassis table so that will come into the workshop and my Esprit chassis will be bolted to that them my body can be fitted to the chassis.

Once the fitment is sorted i have already bought a roll of carbon/kevlar hybrid weave to skin the inside of the shell. once all this is bonded in i have also bought a tube bender so i can design and build a prototype roll cage that will also bolt to the chassis. This will be tacked together inside the shell so i can cut it out of the body later when the molds are done then a jig can be made. Eventually the roll cage will bebuilt and bonded into the shell during construction.

Final stage is to then buy the custom wheels and tires to final check all clearences and to paint the shell. Then i can finally start to make the molds!

Cheers

Like I said, amazing work and looking forward to more updates. Keep it up.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV