View Poll Results: Are you convinced that this is an enzo? Does it even look like an Enzo?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately!

0 0%
  • Hell NO!

30 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ferrari Enzo Plug From Automotive Concepts

Re:Ferrari Enzo Plug From Automotive Concepts

Hello Everybody,
    My name is Luis Yanez, owner of Wild Rides down in El Paso TX. I've just taken a peek at the Robert bashing going on, mostly by Powerhouse. I understand his point about Robert, (whom I have met) and I definately don't trust , but who are you Powerhouse? I have seen those same Murcielago body pics on Ebay, listed out of CA, I'm not sure if your producing them or not, but I did contact the CA. number the spoke to an Anthony, who has refused to divulge any information on his company, physical addressl, previous work or anything elso other than send me 33% down. Who do we believe. I must say I have never heard of your company (then again, we are as far apart as we can be)seen any of your turnkeys, or bodies, and to top it off, you only have pics of real cars on your site and with your comments. Are you any different? My point is there are alot of people doing misleading advertising with pics of real cars on their sites, put up some shots of your builds and work. Everybody out there take note, " Pretty websites don't mean squat". Check the industry insiders, Industry watchdogs like Curt Scott (www.kitcar.com), they will tell you who's who. I recently spoke to Ken Esler NAERC and we were discussing how to try to get reputable companies listed in some sort of A-list. We will be discussing this with several industry people at Knotts. We are tired of the bad rap this industry has, and I'm not saying Powerhouse is unreputable, but people like Robert who has been trying to, who the hell knows what he is up too? This industry needs to be cleaned up. The internet has only made it easy for everyone to claim they build Lambo's or kit cars. I didn't mean to come down on Powerhouse, It was just a point I was trying to make, he seems to be on the right track with the warnings about Robert. Luis

Luis, I fully agree with you on starting some sort of A+ list for reputable builders and suppliers. But who could be put in control of something that could make or break businesses? I just want to step in before this thread begins bashing back and forth. Powerhouse has not, in anything I've seen on them, ever claimed to make these kits. If you checked the other threads you would already have seen that he posted himself quite awhile back that the kits were made in CA and would be sold to more people than just him. I have seen the quality of your work and I have talked to your customers and I know you are a true and honest builder. But your post came down on someone who is trying to protect other builders. Which you are trying to do the same thing, but you came off really harsh. I just wanted to try and prevent a firefight from starting.

Powerhouse, who in Ferrari do you want a meeting with? I mainly work with the manufacturing engineers and the emissions division. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I've also talked to robert,and the scary part is no matter what you want,he's iether making a plug for it already,and can
    have you a body in 3-4 weeks,or knows somebody who has it,
    but you have to send the money to him and he'll get you the kit!just send money!!!i know it's hard to generate funds to get a project going,but if he'd cut the b-sh-t,and try to get one ready for production he might not cut his own throat by coming across as a scammer!!even if he does get a kit to production,and it might be great,everyone will be leery of doing buisness with him!!classic example is ck-3,great products,great shopworkers,lying,c-ckbite owner!!!
    MIKE

Let's try to lay off threats across the board please, regardless if they are empty or not.

(I made a pun!)

Luis,

We have been in contact before and belive it or not you actually helped me locate the builder of the Murci. I'll email you tonight to inform you of the email conversation we have had. My whole business concept came out of being active on this forum. Firts and formost, I am a kit Enthusiast. I do intend to take on a project at some point. But I was so bothered by the screwing around that goes on. So thus I created the Powerhouse. I am doing my best to line myself up with the best. or an A list as you say. Luis I completely respect you more than you know. You have emailed me valuable advice a few times and I am greatful for it. On my website i make it very clear that I dont make or build any kit. I am a broker. I try my best to give a service that I wish I could use as a customer. Please see the previous feed i started regarding Business opinions, that was the begining of the powerhouse.

eacreations, I just want to step foot in a Ferrari office to see what heaven looks like!!! To have Gods cars lined up in front of me to experience utopia. Then off to Lamborghini! Talk about a thrill of a lifetime
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Quote Originally Posted by wrsportscars
    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Luis Yanez, owner of Wild Rides down in El Paso TX. ...... I must say I have never heard of your company (then again, we are as far apart as we can be)seen any of your turnkeys, or bodies, and to top it off, you only have pics of real cars on your site and with your comments. Are you any different?
    Actually I am very different.... other than the H2 and the Konesegg CC, All pictures on the site are 100% Replicas. you will notice the silver roadster as JC' ...clearly states so. The Orange 6.0 is from BC canada. the second photo shows the steering column cleary a replica. The 360 is from Louis on this site, who is now working on his Murci roadster. The red 355 is from the UK. built on the MR2, the yellow mirage is from DKOV's site as I am trying to help hin sell his Mirage pkg as well. Johns Watsons 355's are on my site as well. I have spoke to john numerous times and will also sell his kits.

Wow i cant believe the the can of worms this turned into...

Hey Guys,
    I did want to clear up something, I wasn't trying to bash Powerhouse or give anyone the wrong impression about him or his company, It was just a point I was trying to make. As a matter of fact, Dan did clear up that fact that I had emailed with him. I just did not remember his actual name. But all considering, Dan is a newcomer to this industry. There are alot of new businesses out there trying to capitalize on the Replicar industry. Many businesses out there have built one or two cars at the most. That doesn't make them experts or pro builders, even now after building over 20 cars, I don't consider myself an expert. Somebody made a comment about who makes the decision's on who makes the A-list. There in lies the problem. I have been thinking about what prerequisites are necessary for this list. This is hard to define. Of course , customer satisfaction, workmanship, time in the industry, number of cars completed, etc. etc. I know its hard to say , but a new company, or one that is now involved in Replicars, cannot expect the make the list immediately. They definately have to put in their time like the rest of us. Who knows, this A-list may be a bad idea, but something has to be done. Even the magazines are guilty of promoting companies that are scams. All they car about is their advertising dollar. This was only an idea, and we will see how others feel about this idea at the Knotts show this year. Luis

Luis, I definately agree with several of your points. In building these cars I don't think there are any experts, there are just experienced and unexperienced.I've never talked to anyone in the industry who I couldn't learn from, and I've never talked to anyone who couldn't learn from others. I don't know of any entity that could govern an A list other than the consumers. I don't think anyone involved in building kits or cars should have that kind of power. But that is my opinion. And I couldn't agree more about the magazines, that is one of my worst peeves. The first company that ever ripped me off was recomended to me by a Kit Car magazine and is still to this day promoted by the editor, who tells everyone "we've never recieved a complaint about them", even though myself and others have sent copies of our BBB reports and lawsuits to their office.

Powerhouse, I don't think I could set that up , Ferrari is a little stuffy (imagine that). Now Lamborghini would be easy. They are an extremely easy going group there. Their more friendly in the Lamborghini plant than most of the American plants I've worked in.

POWERHOUSE what's up man? Hey I think you are confusing me Luis Yanez from texas. Im from so. cal. Anyway powerhouse I got nothing against you.

Quote Originally Posted by 360SPYDER
    POWERHOUSE what's up man? Hey I think you are confusing me Luis Yanez from texas. Im from so. cal. Anyway powerhouse I got nothing against you.
    Its' OK 360... i meant Luis from Wild Rides... i just spelled it wrong but I believe all the confusion has been cleared up. 360 email me your number, I gotta talk to you.

Luis: Did you call the builder? I sent you the contact