Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MR2KITS (Dave Jones) vs. DNA Automotive

Re: MR2KITS (Dave Jones) vs. DNA Automotive

So..if I understand, both companies are good for replica car. And it's doesn't matter where I order the bodykit.
    And still one question ... which company (MR2kits, DNA, Extreme-sportscars) hacve the real fake engine cover?

It is a matter which model Toyota MR2 used or could use some newer or older? Or maybe with a bit of processing parts from Porsche Boxter or Cayman?
    Sorry if is my english broken!!

hey

well i may be biased here but ile tell my expierience as it is.im also building a dna 430 spyder and you can check my build on dnaoc beemamans f430 build.

anyway buddy im in the car repair trade and ive seen some kits from other manufacturers and the quality is not too good,i cant vouch for extreme or enzo but ive read many reports and forums regarding these kits and ive only heard of good reports about dna,brian and roland give any advice and information,the quality of the kits is first class for a fiberglass mould,when a good bodyshop gets one of these done the fit and gaps and overall finish is first class,have a look at madmans build on dnaoc about his car feature theres a link i think,he has built his own and looks amazing,and thats also down to the quality of the dna kits,ive built other makes of cars in the past and im so happy with dna that im going to build a 430 5cudo when my spyders done,next year hopefully,either way you can garantee that you will have a awesome looking car,also check out beanys 430 build on dnaoc now that car looks the bollox,

as dangerous also said he has done a lovly job of putting in another engine and will have one of the best modified f430 builds to date.but he has got the skill to attemp such a conversion.

good luck in your choice mate and hope you ave fun whichever company you choose,,,

But is not mr2 better for replica?
    What is the Celica because the front engine? Are there any problems in making? The interior would then instructed otherwise in MR2kits and rear seats removed to a more realistic

EDIT: I'm looking now for replica's made from celica but this replicas which maked with mr2 donor car are more realistic then if celica (look doors and and from the roof towards the end)
    Sorry if is my english broken!!

at the end of the day, do your homework, then pay your money and enjoy, all kits can be good. But my personal experiance, I first built a Karma Dino 246 Ferrari replica with a V8 Rover, (HARD WORK)
    Then I built a 355 Extreeme (good) followed by a part built RK 355 (poor) next a DNA 360 (VERY GOOD)
    Currently a DNA 430 (Awesome) easy fit, excellent quality, good lucking, well made, first class service from DNA from start to finish.
    My recomendation is DNA every time. 8) I know you will not be disapointed.
    MADMAN 8)
    aka MADMAN.

iv looked into both kits quite thorougly.
    to me Mr2Kits seem a better deal.
    The fact that you dont need to do any welding (except the exhaust) or cutting of structural parts with the mr2Kits kits is good. as a novice builder id be a lot happier.
    i just generally prefer the hard top, i wouldnt have a front engined front wheel drive f430 rep. wouldnt be right.
    also the mk2 toyotas are a lot more powerful than mk3s if you get twin entry turbo import and also engine conversions are simpler
    its 2150 cheaper for all the parts and the doner car is cheaper.
    the customer service i have received so far when enquiring has been brilliant. i cant say the same for DNA to be honest, seemed like they just wanted to sell me a kit not to actually help me.

Quote Originally Posted by m477yrul3z
    iv looked into both kits quite thorougly.
    to me Mr2Kits seem a better deal.
    The fact that you dont need to do any welding (except the exhaust) or cutting of structural parts with the mr2Kits kits is good. as a novice builder id be a lot happier.
    i just generally prefer the hard top, i wouldnt have a front engined front wheel drive f430 rep. wouldnt be right.
    also the mk2 toyotas are a lot more powerful than mk3s if you get twin entry turbo import and also engine conversions are simpler
    its 2150 cheaper for all the parts and the doner car is cheaper.
    the customer service i have received so far when enquiring has been brilliant. i cant say the same for DNA to be honest, seemed like they just wanted to sell me a kit not to actually help me.
    lol what are you talking about dont really know who you are but im sure if you speak to any DNA owner they will tell you we are always here to help good luck with your build and im sorry you felt that way and their is no wel;ding waht so ever needed on our MR2 kits so I think you must have confused DNA with some other company!

Hi
    Yes I think there must be some mistake as I've contacted DNA on a regular basis and asked all sorts of stuff and had no problems.everyone I speak to have said there the only real company to answer and if they don't there must be a good reason.they have phoned me back on the odd occasion they have not answerd,and no there is no cuuting and welding check my build out on here or dnaoc I'm not biased buddy but I do think the final finish and look is better with DNA.and being a novice buddy would suit you better.

best kits out there and for me to say that they must be

Goodluck

I'm a little confused about the comment made about DNA, I'd paid them all the money they required nearly 2 years ago and yet any question is answered straight away, they're very knowledgable on the Mr2 conversion and can normally come up with a solution to most problems.
    I approached DNA 4 years ago and they never tried to sell a kit, infact they suggested a good look around to see what suited me best, we just kept walking back to the DNA stand due to the quality of the 360 demo car.
    D