Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K1 Attack Build Diary

K1 Attack Build Diary

Hi
    Been working on my K1 attack for about 8 months now..... Thinking of doing a bit of a build diary as i go along ?????
    Just wondering if anyone out there is currently building a K1 as i've not seen too many posts on them..
    Anybody interested in a build diary ???? Trying to be a bit 'different' with the build and re-do as much stuff as i can..
    I'll take a few pictures tomorrow and see what the response is :-)
    Ta for now

Re: K1 Attack Build Diary

Jrslyrics is building one, and as is another memeber but I do not remember his name, a quick search for "K1" on here should find you a few threads

I'm an admirer of the k1 attack!

Was a K1 fan from back in the evoluzione days... ;D it was something different

its a great looking car, I have a shop owner 10mins from me who drives it once or twice a year. Its the dark blue one with the decals on the bottom of the car. Its been all over the web, and I see it at a local shop from time to time. The owner is a great guy.

Defently, one of the best looking self build cars ever made. i wish someone would splash one,i would love to build one.

john

Quote Originally Posted by phatblackhatch
    Was a K1 fan from back in the evoluzione days... ;D it was something different
    Not to stray from the topic but the evoluzione was a dream kit for me, local junk yard has one but refuses to sell it whole.

Now on topic, definitely post a build diary. If for nothing else it is always fun to go back and see your progress no matter how long it takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker
    Defently, one of the best looking self build cars ever made. i wish someone would splash one,i would love to build one.

john
    John,

If you get in contact with a member here by the name Carspancho, you'll find that your wish has already come true... he has molds.
    CJ

A few photos of work so far

I made a detachable rear subframe to take an Audi RS4 4.2 ltr engine and box :-) Also stood the rear bulkhead upright which gains me about 70 mm in the cockpit !! I made the subframe in a friends workshop, where they ve got a full size surface plate - very useful !!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mock up of rear corner , uprights and wishbones are Ferrari F355, 4 pot ( 6 on front ) monoblock caliper. I had to make a bracket to adapt the radial caliper to side mounts :-) ... Not shown is the Ohlins dampers that go on it !!
    Attached Images Attached Images