Thread: 2002 Ferrari 360, minor damage, great price...

2002 Ferrari 360, minor damage, great price...

To anyone interested,

Here is an e-bay auction (which I'm sure most of you have already come across) for a 2002 Ferrari 360. The damage looks to be a decently easy fix minus the airbags. I know Bartman has the molds for the fender and door skin.

Maybe it would be easier (and maybe cheaper) for someone to fix this than to build one from scratch... or maybe not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...t_30039wt_1167
    CJ

Re: 2002 Ferrari 360, minor damage, great price...

wow.... nice! probably right. Fixing the damage and you have a real one for a fraction of the price..

Cost wise its your looking at around 50+ for it fixed and then your stuck with a depreciating Ferrari which will lose value pretty quick. A used 02 can be had for about 65k and no worries about matching paint or cheap replacement parts. I'm not dissuading people, you do what you want..but i've been there..done that and its not worth it IMO. You still have Fcar maintence and insurance, plus the salvage title. With a rep...you have all the hassles of building it...its not a Ferrari really but at least its cheap to own and will relatively hold its value. 360's are saturated in the market too...probably not good for resale prices in the future.

Okay so who stole all the emblems off this car for there replica :P

But anyways just about every "salvage/project car" on eBay is not worth buying. Trust me if this car was as easy a repair as it looks that company would have repaired it. This car will need a ton of work, I bet it has frame damage, plus both front wheels look like there dipping in, all the lines could be bent, wiring, headlight, bumper, fender, door, all emblems, airbags, airbag sensors, reseting computer. And hope that there are no mechanical problems!

I've been pulled into these types of "projects" before and all I can say is STAY AWAY you will regret it. If you want a cheap ferrari buy one that someone has rebuilt already and have it inspected prior to purchase!

Scuddy and Fill-up,

I agree with you both, more often than not these types of projects are not worth the hassle. I was more or less just putting it out there for someone that maybe was willing to spend high $40's to low $50's for a 360 replica that was 100% accurate and didn't want the extensive build time.

No worries.
    CJ

That car is about 5 miles from my house if anyone serious here wants me to check it out.

MAN!!!!!!!

The wreck was so bad that even the Horse lost its head.
    I recommend before buying this car first think carefully. CAN SOME ONE FACE THEMSELF BY DRIVING A HEADLESS HOSRE FERRARI.....
    I say run run RUN straight back to the garage where we all have half finished replicas and ponder why then look closely to all the expansive parts scattered all around the garage, then cry and cry hard.
    I have.... then I console myself by spending hours on eBay and the forum looking for more parts to buy..... ARGGGGGGGGG
    I have spend god knows howmany hours looking for a junkie ashtray for my 99 Diablo Replica AND I DONT EVEN SMOKE!!!! I hate that peace but one day I know I know I will bend and wind up paying god knows how much for a item that I will never use..... HMMMMMMMMM grown man's intelligence with finance.........
    I think I am going to go now and cry some more. I still sob sob cant sob sob get sob snfff snfff my window to work sob sniff right sniff sniff sob sob....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ahhhhh CCIE Now you are starting to see! Don't get me wrong replicas are fun when you have the time, MONEY and will NEVER EVER WORRY about getting your money back!

The f-car is sweet, make sure you can afford the service though! Those guys in Rancho Cordova come up with some nice builders. I like the jag too. You will (if one buys a salvage) have an OEM car, no matter how you look at it. IT WILL SAVE YOU YEARS of hard earned time.

Not trying to stop anyone from building there dream car guys, just saying what I am saying.

Drool all you want and then get back to work, cause if you guys are like me you have wayyyy MORE time than MONEY, and most of you are pretty young to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE
    MAN!!!!!!!

The wreck was so bad that even the Horse lost its head.
    I recommend before buying this car first think carefully. CAN SOME ONE FACE THEMSELF BY DRIVING A HEADLESS HOSRE FERRARI.....
    I say run run RUN straight back to the garage where we all have half finished replicas and ponder why then look closely to all the expansive parts scattered all around the garage, then cry and cry hard.
    I have.... then I console myself by spending hours on eBay and the forum looking for more parts to buy..... ARGGGGGGGGG
    I have spend god knows howmany hours looking for a junkie ashtray for my 99 Diablo Replica AND I DONT EVEN SMOKE!!!! I hate that peace but one day I know I know I will bend and wind up paying god knows how much for a item that I will never use..... HMMMMMMMMM grown man's intelligence with finance.........
    I think I am going to go now and cry some more. I still sob sob cant sob sob get sob snfff snfff my window to work sob sniff right sniff sniff sob sob....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I feel your pain man, I had to buy a new ashtray for my 360 replica and they are not cheap. I had no choice because I tried several times to get them cheap on ebay and someone always beat me to it.

And Im a no smoker too, oh yes and why would anyone smoke in a real Ferrari when it costs a fortune, you would end with a smelly smoky interior with ash and burns everywhere.