Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Neon based Lambo

Look at eBay item 300631456762 for a 4 seat 43o

Also see the pics of the dodge stratus with gallardo kit linked above. It's very easy to see how that car could simply use a removable fiberglass tonneau cover to cover the rear seats, and open it up for 5 seat capacity when needed, like the saleen mustangs cover the rear seats. Had they just designed the nose a bit better that could have been quite a nice kit

Yea, thanks bro! But I'm looking for pics of a neon or even a cavalier or sunfire that has the exact wheelbase of a murci/diablo kit - it would require no stretch and have about the same hp as a fiero - seems like many would have already tried it - possible total build of under 5K and I'm sure would sell for around 8-10K (fully running w/base car interior) - less than half of a similar fiero build and still make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by jah315 View Post
    Yea, thanks bro! But I'm looking for pics of a neon or even a cavalier or sunfire that has the exact wheelbase of a murci/diablo kit - it would require no stretch and have about the same hp as a fiero - seems like many would have already tried it - possible total build of under 5K and I'm sure would sell for around 8-10K (fully running w/base car interior) - less than half of a similar fiero build and still make a profit.

I think you are dreaming. No disrespect, but turning a profit on a conversion like this ain't gonna happen. By the time you total up the donar car, add all the conversion parts, plus all the stupid nickel and dime add ons, not to mention a decent paint job....... you aren't even in the right ballpark with your initial estimate.

It would be a ridiculous conversion.

What would be the point? I can see the value of the 4 seat family car, but I doubt it would be too comfortable for anyone in the back. These cars are tiny as it is.

I understand having the stock wheelbase too, but I don't think it adds much value. The Lamborghini is 10-12 inches taller than a Neon, so unless you want to modify the roofline, which would probably not suit the car too well, you'd have to chop the roof, which is more complicated than stretching a Fiero. Plus, the engine might be taller than the front hood of the Lamborghini, requiring more modifications. I think it would wind up looking way out of proportion by the end.
    Yeah, it would match the Fiero HP, but who's happy with that? The first thing anyone asks you about these cars is how fast it is, and while some people might be satisifed by 160 HP, no one is happy with it.
    $5K is totally unrealistic. Bare minimum, $1K for wheels, $500 for lights and $5000 for the kit, $1k for paint and you're pretty close to your 8K selling price in materials alone.

it's a good idea, but it's not plausible. The Camaro donor is a better option, but we've seen what that looks like =(

For the record, I looked at the images of the Stratus/Gallardo for a while, and there's been some serious modifications to the chassis - the doors slope down at the rear, meaning either the windshield is angled back with the doors modified to match, or the rear has been lowered quite a bit to angle it back. Maybe some combination of the two. Either way, it wouldn't have been a bolt on kit by any means. Still had a lot of potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by jah315 View Post

Okay buy a 3.4 Fbody and then go buy the Murcy 4 kit from carkitinc. You can get a 3.4 V6 Camaro or firebird for much less the price of most cars these days and the murcy 4 does not require a stretch at all you'll have to do all the work yourself however and even then your looking at spending close to 10k and that includes, donor, metalwork, body, wheels and interior ext...ext.... There is no way you can build any Lambo replicar for under 5k regardless how cheap you go its not happening.

Why not under $5K? Kit exterior (use base neon/cav/sunfire intereior) $3K, Car $500, Generic wheels $1K, Self Paint Job $500. No stretch and no interior changes means no nickle and diming on project costs. Just cut roof off and mount body. I can't believe that nobody has a picture of one! I really can't believe nobody has tried it already!!! Just buy a $500 junker and try it if you have a kit, just for kicks, you might find that you've made the worlds quickest, cheapest murci!

you might want to study what it takes to "just cut the roof off" a uni-body car before you make post like that.

haha this guy wants to drive around in a fiberglass roof without proper metal supports etc

Actually, all convertibles don't have roofs either when their roof is down. And a unibody just needs reinforcement bars just like a fiero. Besides, it's not like it's going to go over 100 mph with those engines! It's maily just for looks.

Pics anyone???