Thread: new project looking to hire people - foam cutting and body design

new project looking to hire people - foam cutting and body design

OK we are finally at a place with current projects that we are moving forward on our old project. I have since lost touch with our designer in eastern europe. We will be starting the project over. I am looking for people who would like to work on a body design project and also someone who can move the project from design to cut foam. We are working with a set wheelbase and width. You will also need to sign a confidentiality agreement. We are located near Washington D.C. and i would prefer someone on the east coast for the cutting but that is not a deal breaker. I know there are a few of you on here that would like to see a viable kit that actually would be attractive to own and build be generated. Please get back to me if you have concept drawing skills, Cad mad skills and or foam cutting ability.

thanks

Dan

OK i realize i was a little vague on the particulars but we have been working on the chassis for over a year and there has been considerable time and thought put into this project already. This is a paying gig.

What do you think of this design

that is talent... i love it. We are using a front engine rear wheel drive as our donor. it is a single donor vehicle with multiple engine configurations. do you have any other designs you could email me. anyone with a router or cnc machine want in on the project ?

thanks

dan

Using my home-built CNC machine, soon I hope to carve a kit out for my slick front, 300zx donor car. The following is one of my newest concepts (which is really rough as you can see) and it uses design features from that Ferrari F-Zero model I posted above.

edit - updated pic

old pic
    http://i.imgur.com/kw0mh.jpg

Is your donor Corvette slick by any chance?
    Last edited by ArashB; 03-12-2012 at 08:44 PM.

nope our donor is a 240sx. we currently do custom roll cages and fab work for the drifting and road racing community. We also have built cars for sema and for movies along with 20 years of R&D for the performance industry. So we are taking our years of product development and making a kit based on the 240sx donor car. The chassis is basically done so we are now moving on to the body design and prototype. I guess we will do what factory five did and do a contest through grass roots or somewhere to get more input.

Nice, I drive my mothers 1995 240sx and have often thought of kit designs for it, but full design conversions and not to enhance the stock look but totally change it. This is what you'd like to do?

Vortex.com is the highest populated automobile forum from what I know, hows about starting a thread there for design ideas and voting?