Thread: Porsche 911 Carrera donor

Porsche 911 Carrera donor

An opportunity to buy a 911 at a reasonable price has fallen into my lap. It's taken significant body and glass damage from a storm.

Although it has downsides, people have been using Boxster donors for several kits. I know Katana is using them for Reventon Roadsters. Does anyone feel the 911 is comparable enough to the Boxster to work as a donor?

Also note: Its a 2001.

I have not heard of anything using a 911 as a donor except for some one off 959 conversions back in the 80s.

i believe the company in Florida that does the carrera gt's on boxters, said it could be done on a 911. i would check with them.

The Car Factory : Unique quality cars built from scratch: Home

Convert the 911 to a 997 Turbo, you could sell it for a profit I guarantee you.

Check out Turbo wide-body conversions online, they would replace the body panels that you mentioned are damaged anyway.

Precision Porsche makes a 996 narrow body to 997 turbo wide body conversion check them out here: Porsche body kit | Carrera body kit | boxster body kit| cayman body kit |

There are other places too, so check them out online.

Tons of men would love to drive a porsche with the Turbo look but get the car for a used Carerra price tag...e.g. 40K$, if you got the car for 10K$, and put 15K$ bodywork and paint, 1.5K interior redo, 3.5K engine refresh, total 30K$, selling it for 40-50K$ would be a nice 10-20K$ profit.

Last edited by bowser330; 05-31-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Use to be company in fla. called Pauls Exotics that had a kit for a911.. He was also making furniture like diablo couch bed etc... I think he hadsome furniture on ebay few days l building full kits or not.ago, not sure if he stil

Jbrown- Is there anyway to get ahold of Paul?

Bowser- This is excellent. Just moved to the front of my list.

Z- I called and have been emailing Mike. He's really a great guy. He's talking about the possibility of a Lamborghini (Murci) project on a 911. The rear engine provides less space and there will have to be tricky work with the exhaust. Besides that, he believes that it is a go.

I'm basically agreeing with Mike Vetter, the Boxster and Carrera have very similar specifications. I believe that anything that would work for Boxster would work for a Carrera of the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticDreams View Post
    Jbrown- Is there anyway to get ahold of Paul?

Bowser- This is excellent. Just moved to the front of my list.

Z- I called and have been emailing Mike. He's really a great guy. He's talking about the possibility of a Lamborghini (Murci) project on a 911. The rear engine provides less space and there will have to be tricky work with the exhaust. Besides that, he believes that it is a go.

I'm basically agreeing with Mike Vetter, the Boxster and Carrera have very similar specifications. I believe that anything that would work for Boxster would work for a Carrera of the same year.
    I have been on several forums now for several years and "Paul's Exotics" from Florida has come up on a few occasions...the reviews have not been very positive. That's all I am going to say publicly, if you would like, PM me, and I can link you to people who have used his services. To be fair I have not heard any reviews of customers from Precision Porsche, its just local to me so I was going to use them to refresh and old 996 into a 997 turbo.

As far as converting the 911 to a Murci, this is how i see it, being the first, being an innovator generally is more expensive. There will be more customizing than if you were to just go with a Boxster or which has already been converted. Example, the engine and transmission are hanging off the rear in a 911 behind the rear axle, the boxster is mid-engine the engine and trans are positioned in front of the rear axle. My humble recommendation is to get the 996 converted to a 997 turbo and sell it for a profit. Use that profit to procure a Boxster for your Murci conversion.

It all depends on what you wanna build. I've seen plenty of 911's used in older VW based kits and they have actually turned out pretty damn good. If your looking for a Lamborghini build on a Porsche consider this, Mike Vetter has used them before on Murcielago and Diablo kits and they require a fair share amount of work but is very doable but like any donor car it will need work. Thats all

why dont you do a gt2rs replica?
    300k$ car