Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 512TR Slow Build

Quote Originally Posted by TRcrazy View Post
    Sure thing Michael, here's an update on the dash. I covered the left side end cap and the center upper gauge housing. The gauge housing is removable but the end cap in glued permanently. I had a 'Oh crap' moment after I thought the dash wouldn't fit back in the car because the lower part of the end cap comes across to butt against the steering column. I think it will squeak in, we'll see. Thanks for looking. -Vinny
    Did you get a chance to build some door cards? Am curious how you did the door pulls as well as the door lock on the sill. My interior is coming along swell, would like to see your doors!

Eric

I designed them but they're way down on the list. The plan is to use Jeep Wrangler tailgate handles (1991-1995) and the stock Fiero Latches. Hope this helps. -Vinny,
    Remember, there is always next year.

I see. I built my door 'handles' from steel to be the same size as the orig and use a power window switch in the door. It is easy to build a good door card that looks OK, but difficult if you plan on making it so the trimmer can make it look decent. Any luck on the light pods? I have been contacted by a few different folks that would like to use an OEM looking pop-up. My lights are rock solid so I was thinking about taking them out and making a mold to make some parts. Are you interested in this?

Eric

I'll prob use 300 ZX headlights. Goes with the f512m look. Thanks Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by TRcrazy View Post
    I'll prob use 300 ZX headlights. Goes with the f512m look. Thanks Vinny
    Gotcha. Those lights are a bear to get aligned. Took some time to get them to work correctly for me. Thanks for the replies, always like to see what others have done. Keep up the great work!