Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: NAERC Chassis Build

Wow Pedro!
    What a stunner!
    All the hard work is paying dividends now.
    I like the more subtle color as well.....it helps keep the speeding tickets down by not standing out as much
    I live in San Diego and wouldn't mind seeing the car in person sometime.
    Greg.

Wow Pedro! Very nice! Love the attention to detail. Three thumbs up.

Bravo Pedro...Thats very impressive...
    Now, hurry up.
    Your next build is a one off hypercar.

wow this is one fantastic build. how long has it taken you so far? Looks fantastic buddy.
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

@Greg

Sure anytime you want to come down to see it you are more than welcome. I sure hope I don't get any speeding tickets hahaha

@Bloozberry

3 thumbs up jajajaja thanks bud!

@IKAROS

I'm trying to hurry up believe me. I've been working on the interior every single day just trying to fit the fiberglass panels that I have. Many of them have to be cut up and adjusted to fit for my chassis, so it has been very time-consuming.
    Dude I would love to be able to build your car, honestly, it's one of the best designs that I have seen, I love it.

@Adrian

Thank you very much, my friend, and for all your support over all these years.

@bangsters

I'm glad you like it. I started by building the chassis about 6 years ago but then had to stop for about 2 years until I got all the body panels for the car. I would say I have been at it for about 4 years in total not counting the time I had to stop.

Appreciate all the comments guys
    Pedro

Talking

The NAERC chassis is pretty time consuming with all the cuts and angles just finished cutting all my metal for mine hopefully start welding this weekend. Your build looks awesome by the way

Breathtaking, truly amazing. The car looks so perfect from the pictures you took. the work and attention to detail is far past impressive. It must be an intensely epic feeling knowing your hands put that together. Very very well done. I am so jealous and super amazed. Well done. Can't say enough good things about your car. Just incredible.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

@srd1

Yes it is, I remember it took a while to get everything cut for the chassis. What took the longest though and was a lot more tedious was making all the suspension arms and brackets. If you need any help with it let me know.

@Mike

Thank you very much for the nice comments, my friend. It does feel great to get to this point, many times I didn't think I could make it. I know one of these days you will start your own build and it will be amazing because you also have a keen eye for detail.

Now back to the build, I have been working on the interior and trying to fit everything has been a challenge. When I first molded all of these pieces from an OEM car they all had the leather on them. Needless to say, these pieces are far from perfect because of that and making them fit correctly has been difficult. Anyways eventually they will be done and upholstered.

These carbon fiber pieces where made by Jose "lambocars" and they are amazing, he gave them to me as a present when I met him a couple of years back in Barcelona

These are all the pieces for the top pillars and the headliner installed. Still have a lot of fitting and trimming before it is finished but its starting to take shape.

Here I cut some 1/4" marine grade plywood for the upholstery behind the seats that hides the firewall.

Pedro

I have a new set of widetrack suspension that was on the donor car that came with my kit, hoping we can adapt it to the new chassis.
    My transaxle is my big decision right now i have an o1e but i really wanted an automatic and i dont think the o1e will handle the horsepower im wanting (500 to 600 hp)...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.