Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Countach build

The wires were so old and corroded that they did not make connection anymore.
    So I had to rewire and solder the connectors and wires.
    I switched the old style lamps out for LEDs since I was redoing the internals anyway.

Bench testing the lights, everything now works correctly and I can start fit installation.

Awesome work.....
    By the way how did you wire the LED's? Did you use resistors and if so what was there value (Ohm and wattage)
    Do you have a diagram (how did you wire it to the battery ect).

Thanks
    CCIE

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE View Post
    Awesome work.....
    By the way how did you wire the LED's? Did you use resistors and if so what was there value (Ohm and wattage)
    Do you have a diagram (how did you wire it to the battery ect).

Thanks
    CCIE
    I replaced the existing wires so it is still all original, just refreshed. The LEDs are designed to be direct fit replacements so all the electronics are stored inside the LED housings so it was a simple swap.
    The car wiring has not been run yet. The battery was in the truck clipped on to the taillights with alligator clips just for test fitting.

Really nice work, the led lights will make a big difference.

From what I can tell the screens are just glassed in.
    So I am doing the same thing.

If anyone knows for sure the OEM is done a different way i'd be interested in the process.

Since my OEM lenses were broken by those who shall remain nameless,
    I will use Lexan temporaries until I can replace them.

I am still working on adding the black border and the grooves lines.

I am starting to run the wires and create my harness and stumbled across this chart.

It is safe but overkill and inaccurate to the point of absurdity. A 10ga heater wire? Even their own chart says 10ga will handle 100 amps up to 10 feet. That heater fan is going to draw 20 amps max and the whole car harness won't have more than a 60 amp master fuse wired with 10ga. Same thing with the horn to relay wire, again called out as 10ga, it is 5 amps max and 18ga is fine. Then there is the 13ga horn button. If 13ga is not funny enough, the horn button IS THE HORN TO RELAY WIRE. I could go on.

Delcity.net has a much better automotive wiring reference chart on page eight of their online catalog. The pages around it are also good wiring references. For an even more detailed reference, Painlessperformance.com has schematics for every car section as well as installation manuals that show gauge, color code, and routing for every imaginable wire.
    Last edited by 76mx; 03-14-2018 at 08:29 PM.