Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vw xl1 type donor??

Your welcome, the model years start from 2006, it should be a 2006 (8th gen) in the picture.
    Honda Civic (eighth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The best replicas are from tube chassis but its just easier if you can find a car to fit its profile.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Quote Originally Posted by ArashB View Post
    2006 coupe (8th gen)

Sure thing, these panels would just be add-ons so it would turn out pretty cheap for the result.
    Donor 5k
    The cheapest possible method to CNC the parts in foam is to find a local person with a hobby machine via CNCzone.com forums... $2000 (with $500-1k in foam included)
    Have a body shop make low quality molds 5k?
    With cheap vinyl sticker paint, your could be looking at 15k in total if you have no complications.
    *Headlights could be expensive if you want modern quality ones... not sure what would match. Add another $500-$4000

The tube from scratch could start from 30k
    I really like this idea..I'm pretty sure the blue car is a 7th gen coupe though..would this work for the donor?? If so that would be awesome because I could score one for a pretty decent price..

i had googled 'slammed 2006 civic coupe' and thought it was a 8th gen... but you're right its a 7th one. Im surprised it looks good, and since the donor could be found for super cheap, I think it'd work well.

Last edited by ArashB; 09-02-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts