Thread: fiero fuel lines stretch

fiero fuel lines stretch

What did you guys do about fiero fuel lines?How did you stretch them?I wanted to insert them inaide a 1/2 fuel line but OEM lines were loose inside the 1/2 line so clamp wouldnt do much and i think fuel would leak.

The OEM fuel lines are metric sizes. I hope there'd be somewhere online to find some. Then just cut you fuel pipes, flare the ends, and add a spacer between. There's too much pressure in the line, so you'll have to stretch the pipe, not the hose.

My setup isn't fuel injected, so there's only 7 lbs pressure in it.

If I remember correctly I believe I spliced in 3/8 high pressure fuel injection hose with high pressure screw down clamps after slightly flaring the metal ends on the fuel line. I used 2 clamps on each end of the high pressure just to be sure it didn’t fail. The other two lines are not high pressure so regular fuel line and clamps are fine. I can’t say this is the right way to do it but mine are holding up fine so far.

The lines are weird fitting from gm called signaw. They sell adapters that will make them AN- lines. That's what I used for my set up.

Quote Originally Posted by solrac View Post
    The lines are weird fitting from gm called signaw. They sell adapters that will make them AN- lines. That's what I used for my set up.
    Saginaw division...

The lines are metric, but are very close to 3/8" for the main line, 5/16" for the return, and 1/4" for the EVAP line (if using hoses). If you go the hardline route, you will need the metric equivalents or some form of adapters.

Bob

PS, only the main line needs to be fuel injector rated hose. The other two are low pressure.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif