Thread: 1998 Silverado Turbo Help

1998 Silverado Turbo Help

Hi. I'm new to working on cars, but not new to the way forums work, so I hope to learn a lot here and make some friends in the process.
    Now, down to business. I've been looking to install turbo on my 1998 Silverado. I'm having trouble finding a turbo kit to fit it. Most I find are regular T3/T4 kits. My truck is a 4.3L V6. All of the kits for a '98 Silverado that I've found so far are for a 6.5L diesel.
    If someone knows of a kit or knows if I can even install turbo in this truck, your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome. This is mostly a kit car site but I will help. I can direct you towards STS turbo systems. I'm not sure about the 4.3 l but they do have kits for the LS engines. These are rear mounted in place of the muffler.

Thank you very much! Like I said, I'm very new to this, what is a kit car? I chose this forum because it was the only one I could find that had an app. I'm guessing by kit car forum, that means no trucks? If that is the case, I am in fact going to start a build on a used Eclipse that I'm saving up for.

Here's my 370Z kit that I started last month. I should be ready for paint in April.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1998 silverado 1500 blower motor always blows when the truck is started?
    i have a hks gt2835 twin turbo upgrade should i keep it as a twin turbo or set it up as a single