Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO Project

I agree with TDW.The car looks fantastic.
    I would do a custom modern interior.Use your personal aesthetics & ergonomics criteria.

I would do an f40 spartan style interior. Cage with foam padding, blue Recaro buckets, flocked dash with no center console, and no carpet (metal painted silver)

Quote Originally Posted by 275NART View Post
    I would do an f40 spartan style interior. Cage with foam padding, blue Recaro buckets, flocked dash with no center console, and no carpet (metal painted silver)
    Well I did think about going with a spartan look , but I think my old bones are screaming NOOOOO!!!
    Last edited by dobie44; 10-19-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Well the move into the new house and shop last July went great, I built out my shop with a separate woodworking bay to keep cross contamination of projects ( no saw dust in my car or grease on my furniture ) I was fortunately able to locate some original Alcantera material for the interior that didn't break the bank.
    I have been trying to get the car running properly, the idle has been really rough for a while now so I purchased a HP Tuner and a at home course from the Tuning school so have been doing a lot of reading and YouTube watching getting up to speed on GM Gen 3 cars.

I was forced into redirecting my efforts into a few projects around the property building new cedar decks and replacing the pool and a big garden for the wife, So everything pushed back for a few more months.

Ill ll update when I get back to the project!

wayne

Looking forward to the updates. I am new to this forum but have several mid engine 914 V8's and working on an Audi 2.7T currently. I am really amazed at how much I like the shape of the body on your car. Keep up the great work and if you do end up pulling molds off it I might be a customer. 914's have the same wheel base.

In the interest of giving credit where credit is due I want to say that the changes and current finish to the design of the car where completed entirely buy Frank Dunlop. We brainstormed back and forth on the design but he did all the work. I think he did a fantastic job! Thank you Frank.
    I plan on finishing the car as soon as time allows.
    Last edited by dobie44; 08-24-2017 at 08:23 PM.

and i thought i had a mad project! please complete this, what an amazing lookng car you've built