Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Porsche transaxel into a fiero swap?

just want to say hi guys and i used the 012 in my Fiero build due to cheap and easy to find mine came out of a 2000 passat and all the boxster shifting linkage bolts right up but i was told that 300 to 350 HP with around 300 FT LBS of torque is all it could handle . the transmission bolts right up and i used a 034 motor sports flywheel insert the clutch works perfect no spacing needed , if you run a 40 valve with timing chains you will be able to run the engine about 1 inch further forward than i can and your axle centerlines will be about 2 inches off minw is three inches out from front to back but ifeel it will be fine youcan check out what i did at Pennocks Audi A8 My Fiero - Pennock's Fiero Forum

did you go forward with this build

Thanks for taking the time to reply on here bud. I'll be checking your thread on Pennocks for expert advice!

There was a guy on here who built an Esprit with a 4.2 Audi engine in it, awesome build, and this MR2 on Ebay right now with an Audi V8 in it too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161512242659...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

K9

i love Fieros and wanted somthing out of the norm and the Audi V8 is the shortest i could find and it mated right up to the 012 transaxle and gave me a longitudinal install . I have just bought a Eaton M122 Blower of a 2010 Shelby GT500 Mustang and i will be putting that on for more power and cool factor .