Thread: Rear engine and right wheelbase

Rear engine and right wheelbase

hello i want to built a bugatti replica but after reading the rules about kitcars in my country i think it is impossible course i may not extend the chassis and i may not use a tube chassis and i may not vonvert a front engine to a rear engine so i need at donor car whit rear engine and the same wheelbase as the bugatti (2,710 mm (106.7 in))
    do anyone know a car i can use

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    where are you located , can you find a 1989 MR 2 ,if ANY mid engine car were sold there ,you can follow the U k rules ,they cannot cut and stretch the car but they can extend the frame by adding more frame behind the existing rear engine frame and just move the engine and transmission back into the new location ,this way the wheelbase was extended ,without cutting the cars original frame.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

i am located in Denmark not fare from uk and i just been told that if i registre my car in uk first them the car can be registreret in Denmark

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 05-26-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!