Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Testarossa replica build

Quarter window work

OK, now that I am getting ready to start panel to panel bodywork first things first. I have to modify the opening and install the quarter glass. Originally they were merely glued in with no structure under them to support the weight of the glass. I shaped the opening so that the glass sits flush, and will be building a metal frame and window channel underneath the window opening. The reason I am doing this now is because in order to get to this area I had to unbolt the quarter panels. I need to do this first and then realign the rear panels then do finish bodywork. Here she is all opened up for surgery.

Quarter glass frame work.

So i got some time on Sat to build my quarter glass frame work with incorporated lower window channel. This will support the glass and will make it to where the glass and the frame can be trimmed out really nice. I still have to add a small amount of metal to the top window opening section. also the glass will sit up higher, it will have a rubber mount bushing to dampen the friction of movement. Once all adjustments are made this will get welded in. I basically made my template from cardboard, transferred that to metal, cut it out with my jigsaw and used my stop brake to make the required bends.

Nicely done. But then again, all of the work you have been doing has been really top notch. Well done. Keep the updates coming. I for one am truly enjoying the progress.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Love how your engine cover is seperate from the engine cover.. mine is all 1 piece..

Absolute craftsman! Love the documentation you share here, as well.

Its coming along sweet !, -Vinny
    Remember, there is always next year.

Any Updates?

Bodyman's car just popped up on a YouTube video. The channel is "Exotic Kits". The video consists of a lot of real TR pics, combined with a lot of photos of replica cars.

If I understood the video narrator, he used to own or had seen Bodyman's car several years ago. View around 4:30.

There were also photos of a car that looked, to me, at least, like CHRISTOPHE de France's car. Those start at 5:08.

The photos of car Bodyman's build thread start at 6:37. The narrator mentions MadMechanics.com. Mostly the "before" photos of this car. Not many recent photos.

I like some of the videos, but the narration and videos are somewhat confusing to me. Replicas interspersed with OEM cars, etc.

Here's the address, in case the link above doesn't work... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnd8B6O_qBg

Anyway, shoutout to Bodyman's build!

Thanks Drewbdo!!!