Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Testarossa replica build

Your quarters look a lot like mine , you would have to rework but mine uses factory 512 glass , think that would work for yours?

Senior Member CHRISTOPHE de France's Avatar
    Hi JBrown, did you have any pictures of your 512 TR window mount on your Pontiac Fiero, I am very interested in that. I have a replica of testarossa / fiero, under construction in France, and I have windows of testarossa of origin, in stock. The problem is that the inclination of the front window, at the junction with the rear window, does not allow the installation of the rear windows of testarossa originae, because the angle is diferent. I would be very interested to see that.
    I watch Mickael's car with a lot of attention, and he teaches me how to do a lot of things. Thank you to you 2.

Sincerely.

Christophe de France.

Christophe, I am needing to pull the glass out soon, I don't have any good pics but will take several , I know the door glass had to be adjusted and it does line up and looks good mine has original 512 glass in the quarter windows. Several pics of the car I have can be found here on forum by searching "jdorr2002"
    Last edited by Jbrown; 03-09-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Passenger side quarter panel lined up and mounted.

Spent last night working on the passenger side quarter panel, got it aligned and mounted. I also spent time on the engine deck lid and got it aligned as well. I will get some pics of the mounting hardware that i built tonight and post it. Next step is moving to the front door to fender alignment both sides, that should be fairly simple because they are already really close, I just want it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrown View Post
    Your quarters look a lot like mine , you would have to rework but mine uses factory 512 glass , think that would work for yours?
    the glass from the original would not work in this application. My TR cabin has been lowered 1 1/4 inches in the rear to more closely match the roof line of the original. that being said the Rear post that meets with the rear of the door glass and the steep pitch of the roof makes the angle wrong compared to the original. If i remember right yours was built to accept the original which is awesome. I wish mine was like yours.

I spent some time last night on the engine deck lid. I got it aligned and fitting really well. Its hard to see with all the sanding that has been done previously. Now I am moving on to where the front of the doors meet the rear of the front fenders. I will be making adjustable pull/push brackets to use on the inside of the fender. This will allow lots of adjustment and fine tuning to an area that currently doesn't have any adjustment.

Mine was also lowered but the difference may be where the back of the roof section was cut out on mine for the curved rear glass.. I was thinking about and that is the biggest difference between ours..
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyman View Post
    the glass from the original would not work in this application. My TR cabin has been lowered 1 1/4 inches in the rear to more closely match the roof line of the original. that being said the Rear post that meets with the rear of the door glass and the steep pitch of the roof makes the angle wrong compared to the original. If i remember right yours was built to accept the original which is awesome. I wish mine was like yours.

I haven't fitted the engine lid grill since I started on the car, I figured Id see how it fit and what all needs to be fixed on it. I also worked on the windshield pillars where they meet the fenders and hood. they were very misaligned. I had to cut them and fiberglass them back in place. they are already looking better.

Last edited by bodyman; 03-18-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Great Updates! Super Build!