Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Testarossa replica build

Yes, hes a troll - also posted a similar random comment in the 250GTO build thread.

Tires for the Testarossa came in today.. happy day..

so I am doing final bodywork, and its getting close to time to start gathering things for final details. I am going to start prepping the wheels for paint. The tires came in and they are gonna look killer. The rear tires will sit flush with the fender edges and will be super wide. This is one of the parts of replicas that i see a lot, while the wheels look good from the side view, they look skinny from the rear view. I dont like that look. The rear tires are 345/25-20 and the fronts are 225/35-20. The wheels will be finished in dark bronze along with the lower rockers, front spoiler and interior trim pieces. The mesh wheel pic is the color range I am going with on the wheels and parts, and lastly a quick photoshop example of the bronze wheels on the car and rockers.

In my opinion you should put oversized period correct styled wheels on. They look amazing on old Ferraris.

Like on this 308 replica. I have seen better machined two piece versions on real ferrari's, but I couldn't find them now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU3nyGnb7Gw&t=25s

that kit looks good, and those wheels look great, but it seems that is what everyone does. I have to add my own touches to my car. I want a car that is not the norm. The wheels I have are a split 5 spoke wheel, which I feel pays homage to the Ferrari five spoke wheels, yet brings it into the modern era. Trust me, this has not been an easy decision.
    I have been bouncing all over the board on wheels and color for a couple years. I finally found a wheel I liked, then had then built to suit my needs, and then back and forth on color. I decided on bronze. It sort of a throwback to the gold wheels of the past racing Ferraris but way more subtle. I think it will look very rich and tasteful once its done. and If I don't like it.. I can always repaint and change the colors..lol.. this shows some of my madness..
    Last edited by bodyman; 04-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Wheels are a yuuge decision, I like the ones in the 3rd row. Nice build man!

shem

I plan on running 18" ESR SR01s on mine

Quote Originally Posted by jb1 View Post
    I plan on running 18" ESR SR01s on mine
    Those are beautiful wheels jb1. cant wait for you to be able to get started on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    Wheels are a yuuge decision, I like the ones in the 3rd row. Nice build man!

shem
    yeah, its been racking my brain it basically came down to classic silver or the bronze.. and Im decided on the bronze but i could change my mind tomorrow...lol.. I have the silver already in my shop, if I go bronze Im gonna have to mix it custom. jeez, the back and forth with color never ends.