Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got My car back from the bodyshop

so ive updated the interior over the past winter, I need to decide on where i'm going to have the air vents and some other bits. Once that's done this type of thing needs a professional upholsterer to do the work to look good. I think the material im using is poor, scags so easily and wasn't that cheap. so next winter ill get it done properly when I know im happy with the position of everything but its a big improvement and at least now I can see If ill be happy with the feel / style.

The interior isn't finished yet but some pics, first of all before;

After:

As well as this today I took the car out for its first run since all the work over the winter. The only issue is the tailpipe piece coming loose which is what was happening on the old piece so i need to resolve that.

Nice! Interior looks wayyy better, very good. You're right though, it's amazing how hard it is to trim even the simplest shapes in a car interior....

K9

Haven't posted on here for a while, but another summer has passed and the car was used a lot. Still looking ok, but I now have a stone chip in the windscreen! Glad I had a mould made now!

But most importantly back on to the interior V3....This will hopefully be the last version. I will be flocking the dashboard. I made a little video of what I've done to get a good finish on the flock as well as im doing door cards to match and it does make a difference.

The dashboard has abit more work to do, but i now feel it looks like a normal dashboard. the black patchy colour is just to help me find bits I need to fill / tidy up.

Looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Theferret View Post
    Haven't posted on here for a while, but another summer has passed and the car was used a lot. Still looking ok, but I now have a stone chip in the windscreen! Glad I had a mould made now!
    Yeah I need to tap you up for a couple of those screens at some point.. mine is progressing slowly ...

Looking good, much better. Looks way more supercar. Ditch the steering wheel and try a solstice one. I have seen people just cut out the splines of their wheel and weld them in to other wheels.

Not sure what your putting in the passenger part of the dash. Looks like a cutout for a stereo. I would highly recommend you do not put a stereo there. You will hate the look of it. Take a solstice passenger airbag skin. You could silicone it or Velcro it right there. A cool pattern on the airbag would look bad ass with your dash:

For gauges and ac ducts, I have used audi instrument bezels before. You can paint them black, color match or metal look.

Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

I am sure you will do an amazing job with the interior...
    Another idea is to find a more modern interior from a small car(junkyard) & retro fit it in to your car...Like that Seat Mii for example.
    @ Theferret...See also something familiar in the picture?

your Photoshop skills are endless. I do indeed see the little touch.

The actual problem with getting a dashboard and retro fitting was actually getting it in through the doors! its actually really hard and this will be tricky when i come to do it the final time and worry about damaging the finish!

The cut out isnt for the radio but a blanking hole, so i have somewhere to chuck keys, phone etc... the double din touch screen will be in the middle as normal. the vents ive gone for are from a seat Ibiza, similar in style to the audi's but a smaller bezel and flush fit. Fingers crossed it looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Theferret View Post
    your Photoshop skills are endless. I do indeed see the little touch.

The actual problem with getting a dashboard and retro fitting was actually getting it in through the doors! its actually really hard and this will be tricky when i come to do it the final time and worry about damaging the finish!

The cut out isnt for the radio but a blanking hole, so i have somewhere to chuck keys, phone etc... the double din touch screen will be in the middle as normal. the vents ive gone for are from a seat Ibiza, similar in style to the audi's but a smaller bezel and flush fit. Fingers crossed it looks good!
    Good to hear. I saw a member put a stereo in the passenger side and it screamed kitcar. Lot of the hotrod guys are using the mini cooper insides and headlights. They look good.
    When you put in your dash put plenty of tape to protect your paint. I have even wrapped a blanket around a dash before. Looking good as usual
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016