Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V build Thread

V build Thread

Name:  bugatti-veyron-164.gif
Views: 1082
Size:  105.2 KB
    Since nobody was doing a 1:1 we had to CNC the kit. I'll post some pics when is ready. It's probably going to be a one off and not a commercial kit. Right now we were debating what would be the best donor. Managed to cut it down to these 2. Passat w8 or Peugeout 407 coupe. What do you guys think would be the better one.
    The VW has a nice sounding W8 that could be planted in the back, electronics would be plug and play. However the car's track is narrower. Not such a big fan of spacers.
    The 407 on the other side is a Coupe so less chassis alteration involved. Has a wide track, no spacers just wide rims. Downside is would need a proper v8.
    There's allot of experienced builders here, that know how it works...more or less

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0a&oe=5680B2B5

We decieded for the 407 coupe. The CNC kit is allmost ready
    The are tons of clips on the internet of guys sticking v8 in the back of vw and fiat so we want to do the same with the 407. What do you think would be the best option?
    1. Cadillac v8
    2. Domestic Audi a8 v8 FWD
    3. any other option?

Both are fwd so we could use all electric and gearbox.

Audi 2.7 Bi-Turbo bolted to a Passat FWD TDI Gearbox, mounted mid engine. no adapters needed. easy peasy lemon squeezie. -Vinny
    Remember, there is always next year.

The sound difference between the w16 and the v8 ist close to none. That's why these 2 options

Name:  11942313_1001951299839572_7334566504327789228_o.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  75.2 KB
    1:1

Any tips on the Rims? Something like this. No spacers or small ones will be used. What's the best place to get them?

Last edited by nicky05; 08-27-2015 at 01:12 PM.

You can have custom sized monoblock or 3pc wheels made/machined to your specs and avoid using spacers. Whether it means adding dish to the lip of the wheel or adding pad height on the back where it mounts to the hub, either effectively widen or lessen the offset pushing the wheel further out.

hello guys.
    it's been a while since I posted. I have runned into some trouble with a lazy team that got them eventually fired. They were stalling too much.
    Anyway, the 407 was a bad choiche for the donnor since it got to a point where the kit couldn t go lower in the front and the front was still now low enough. So a new car was needed. I thought about the mr2. They use it to make the lambo,but the lambo seems to be narrower in the front than in the back. The veyron is preety wide overall. I'm afraid it will be too naroow or the spacers will be just too wide for anything...
    What's your take on this one?should I get a different donnor?like an audi tt wich is wider and kind of close to the veyron, a different car or just stick with the mr2

Last edited by nicky05; 01-18-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Well the other Bugattiveyron kit was built on a Mercury cougar and came out perfect so I would say use that

Quote Originally Posted by nicky05 View Post
    I thought about the mr2. The veyron is preety wide overall. I'm afraid it will be too naroow or the spacers will be just too wide for anything...
    What's your take on this one?
    The difference in front track width (wheel centerline to wheel centerline) between the MR2 and Veyron is a whopping 9.6"! And if your fiberglass body has the authentic outside dimensions of a Veyron, then the total front width difference from outside tire edge to outside tire edge between the two cars is an even greater 14.8". Unless you widen the front cross member, and/or fabricate longer control arms, you'll affect the steering effort and kickback in a very pronounced, negative way. If you try to "gloss over" the narrow front end by using highly negative offset wheels, and/or 4.8" wide wheel spacers you'll change a suspension parameter called scrub radius in a very significant, and detrimental way. In addition to steering effort and kickback, your front wheels will "walk" around an arc when you turn the steering wheel rather than pivot about the center of the tire contact patch. The bigger the scrub radius, the bigger the arc. That means you'll need larger wheel houses and fender openings to accommodate the forward and rearward movement of the wheel and tire. Google it for a more detailed explanation.

Unless you're prepared to modify the front suspension, I would highly recommend avoiding any donor that doesn't have a front track width within 2" of the Veyron's 67.5" (the MR2's is 10" narrower). That's a very tall order. It's also why really wide track replicas aren't cheap to build, and if they are, they are terrible to drive.

I have two chassis finishing next month that are both going to replace a Fiero chassis under complete running Diablos. Both owners have asked me if there was a market to sell their Fiero chassis. I am not very familiar with their existing chassis, but I do know that both have a proper wide track because they are reusing their Lambo wheels on the new one and I have confirmed dimensions for this. If you or anyone else is interested in one or both of these Fiero Chassis, I will find out more.