Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: anyone in northern ca. lodi area want to help build this car?

I bought an aluminm chassis from Dubuc for my Aventador replica easy bolt on Corvette front suspension and used donor suspension for rear

Build tread on...
    http://lamboclone.com/index.php?PHPS...7&topic=3124.0
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KitCarKing; 10-11-2015 at 04:19 PM.

dear lord!

Quote Originally Posted by KitCarKing View Post
    I bought an aluminm chassis from Dubuc for my Aventador replica easy bolt on Corvette front suspension and used donor suspension for rear

Build tread on...
    http://lamboclone.com/index.php?PHPS...7&topic=3124.0
    dear lord that is almost as complicated and engineered as an automaker that mass produces. there must be a TON of people wanting kit cars.

i am not trying to reinvent the wheel

on wheels
    Engine installed
    Attached Images Attached Images   

That looks great ! Who are you getting the aventador body from ? Carlos or Nathan or someone else ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArashB View Post
    The mid engine is nice.... it needs a face though... like with headlights... maybe some thing like this.

That's hot Arash!
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Quote Originally Posted by pbarosso View Post
    i am not trying to reinvent the wheel
    Pbarosso,
    Respectfully, and without trying to create another debate, that is exactly what you are trying to do. Building your own tubeframe instead of using the existing donors that have had tons of money and time spent on their development is the very definition of reinventing the wheel.

let me preface this response with by saying that others have posted pics of projects that they have put tons of work into in terms of engineering and mathematical modelling. thats a lot of work whereas they come up with a genuinely original product.

all I am saying is that by using some existing chassis to "eyeball" I am not reinventing the wheel. I am not coming up with a new and original product that required me 100s of hours of modelling, calculations, etc..... this is in referral to a "CHASSIS"...I am going to eyeball an existing chassis, and then build it. no solidworks, no modelling. no re-inventing. chassis aren't that complicated. teaching kindergarten on the other hand is crazy, which is what I do. call me crazy na´ve or whatever but its not difficult to imagine in my head where the flexing and torqueing is going to occur where critical stresses will happen etc. hell. even if I overbuild it its not gonna weigh much more.

even by building a the complete car is not "reinventing the wheel" am I making my own design? yes but I am not doing it any new way and am not inventing any new technologies my car will have 4 wheels, a motor etc.... I am simply using what people have been using for 60 years.

I don't see this stuff as hard. I just see it as work and money. if someone else can do a thing, then another person can do the exact same thing. that's not reinventing the wheel, its just painting it a different color.
    my point is, I can do anything and that is not bragging, I think everyone can do everything if they want to, they have to believe they can and want to.

Point taken and I understand there are different levels of construction. For that matter, I have been told by more than one person knowledgeable to this industry that I have been able to accomplish more with a few people and under $100,000 than what it took Tesla a crew of engineers and hundreds of millions to do. Not bragging either, just showing that I totally understand your perspective. The problem is when you call this "Easy", regardless of the level. I think that every builder here with any experience at all will say that the very easiest of these builds is not easy, and some may find it a little insulting when the Newbie tells them that it is. Otherwise everyone would build their own car, we would have no need for a Forum like this to exchange technical info, and we all could build the cars for The Fast and the Furious. I look forward to your build progress and if I am shown to be wrong I will humbly accept it. How soon till we can see your main framerails layed out?
    Last edited by 76mx; 10-15-2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo

updates on this project?