Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Countach Build

Car looks absolutely amazing John;

I love the low sleek look in your driveway. Just amazing.

Take care and talk to you soon
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

all I can say is WOW!
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Absolutely stunning!

That is absolutely amazing, there is an unfathomable amount of work involved in the body work alone!

Hi John, Your attention to detail has really paid off, the car looks amazing. I'm guessing your are having a hard time putting it back in the shed, when it looks that good, well done a real credit to you.

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    Impressive to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by zdaxxy View Post
    Wow, thats awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    Amazing work man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Car looks absolutely amazing John;

I love the low sleek look in your driveway. Just amazing.

Take care and talk to you soon
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    all I can say is WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Absolutely stunning!
    Quote Originally Posted by justincosgrove View Post
    That is absolutely amazing, there is an unfathomable amount of work involved in the body work alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambolex View Post
    Hi John, Your attention to detail has really paid off, the car looks amazing. I'm guessing your are having a hard time putting it back in the shed, when it looks that good, well done a real credit to you.

Thank you all for the nice words. Today I cut the floor pan out and did a trial fit. I also started fabricating the door hinges. I have one all cut out and milled down to the correct depth. I am using a 7/16" pin to hold them together. I purchased two bushings for the outside edges of which have an allen screw on each to hold the pin in place. I made the center bushing in my lathe and will put a small hole in it to allow me to grease the pin easily once it's installed. I will try to upload some picture soon. As soon as I get the hinges finished I will be starting on the doors. I do not think the doors will be near as difficult as I originally thought. That's my hope anyway.

Attached Images Attached Images   

I have not worked on the car at all over the summer for so many reasons. My wife and youngest took several trips over the summer, so many work related events with lots and lots of new information to absorb with my companies merger. Most of all it's just been to darn hot. I have however made some progress on the passenger door. I managed to get the back side of the door started and have attached the striker with latch. The front portion of the door is attached to the hinge and it took several tries to get this panel fabricted. The bottom of the door was the easiest part so far to fab. Today I started on the interior steel structure that will hold the door together and hinge from. I have to say that because of the information and pics from Turbo355 on kitcentral it has made my job much easier. His play by play proved to be extremely valuable. I will try to upload some pics soon.

countach doors

hi John, I am not sure if you have seen these pics before, I salted away for a rainy day they may be useful
    well they would be if the server did not give an error they are oem door frames bare. you have a pm
    Last edited by Lambolex; 08-20-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Amazing work. Such an inspiration. I joined this forum just now to comment on this thread.

Congratulations thus far on acting on your passion and your dream. I'm working on making a car with an aluminum body as soon as I can acquire what I need. What you've done is really inspiring. Keep up the great work!