Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Development, Thought I would share

Game Development, Thought I would share

Hey all,

Just wanted to share.

Mentioned this in the other hobby thread, but thought I should make it a little more known is all.

So, for the past few months, 2 of my cousins and myself have decided to pursue making an app based game for the Android OS.

Along the way, we decided to further the effort and form a company of our own, which has started to take shape as of last night.

Our first game is due out in 2016. No firm date on that yet, but looks like it may be out as soon as Spring if not by the beginning of summer.

As things get closer to complete on the game, we will ramp up advertising and a more firm release date will be mentioned.

For now, we have a teaser ad out for the game to begin generating interest.

All I can share about it's details is the ad below for now and a single question:

Are you ready to test your hacking skills?

Wish us luck and look forward to more details about the game in the coming months.

Once our Social media is up and our site is open for visitors, I will post that info here for all of you.

Thanks for reading.

Looks interesting. Is it the cyberpunk puzzle game? I've got a buddy doing stuff like this. Seems like a good area to be in right now.

Good luck buddy.Wish you all the success.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywinch View Post
    Looks interesting. Is it the cyberpunk puzzle game? I've got a buddy doing stuff like this. Seems like a good area to be in right now.
    Sorry it took me this long to respond. No, it's something like a matching game of sorts. Can't give out to much detail right now, but I think what will make this game the most engaging is the theme and detail we are putting around the puzzle your trying to solve. Essentially, we are trying to have you forget its a puzzle or match your making and buy more into the theme of it all. Help bring you into the world we are trying to create. Should be fun and yes, games are in high demand and seems to only be increasing. Make a good one and you can hit pay dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by IKAROS View Post
    Good luck buddy.Wish you all the success.
    I appreciate that, I truly do. Still pushing forward on it for the moment but the game is really beginning to show signs of life. Getting excited to have it released. Thinking its going to be out by summer, hoping sooner if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gennythomas View Post
    Hello Mike,

Have you released your game? If not, when are you planning to release it? Best of luck for your project. May your app become a super duper hit.
    Hello gennythomas,

The game is still in production and is currently planned for a holiday 2016 release should everything continue smoothly for us.

We have also spoke of 5 other titles that we will produce after ZDX releases. One new title to begin production soon.

Trust me when I say, we are eager to get ZDX out and see how it's received.

If you would like, you can follow us on Facebook under Dragonhax Productions. We also have a youtube and twitter feed. We have a web site, but it's still a bit in the works, however, you can visit the page which is @ http://www.dragonhax.net

Our last and most revealing ad for our game will out this October/ November-ish.

Thanks for the vote of support. I'll try to keep you and anyone interested, posted on our continued progress.

-Mike
    Last edited by G35Mike; 07-15-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by mali View Post
    found a lot of useful and interesting information, I am pleased to join your community!

Welcome to the site.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

yes, it's good! Also like!

I appreciate the feed back all.

Unfortunately, Dragonhax Productions has shown that we too are not immune to development set backs.

While we were really pushing for the release of the game by the end of this month, we decided that was not in the best interest of the game.

We have had to push the release date out to the summer of 2017. We really want to deliver on this first game and rushing anything has never resulted in the best product.

So a new advertising banner will be out soon along with more details to keep the fires burning till we can get this game out there.

Stay tuned. We may be down, but we are certainly not out.

I know it's been a while and please accept my apologies for that.

To be fair, there was a death in the family back in the end of 2016 that hit us pretty hard.

But we are trying to bounce back and while the game was delayed, we are trying to push forward and complete it and release it sometime later this year.

Also in the works is a brand new splash intro which will be used in each of our games. Similar to that of a Pixar or Ubisoft intro when your starting a movie or a game. A means of showcasing the company brand.

We are also working on a video that will introduce the three of us designing the games by face. At the same time, we are keeping the bloopers to add in at the end of the video to add a bit of humor to it all.

Music for the game is showing promise, not complete, but very close.

Visuals are on hold only to allow time for the programming of the game to catch up a bit to see what we need and make adjustments.

Programming, is slow but moving forward.

With the three of us, we have families, day jobs and other hurtles that keep us from making progress by leaps and bounds. But our commitment has not wavered.

We will complete this game, we will make more games and I will update here for those following along and/ or interested as soon as able.

Stay tuned!

PS - We also have a mascot for the company in the works. More on that soon to come!