Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaving a Murci outside in winter

Leaving a Murci outside in winter

Last edited by ahmad_f; 03-17-2016 at 03:01 PM.

this might be an overly ambitious idea but I'll suggest it anyways.

So my idea would be to build a temporary lean to or shelter.

If able, Find a space outside your home where a spot could be used as I pictured below.

You build the structure out of sturdy wood and at an angle so that the bulk of the weight is supported by the wall of the home or whatever structure is strong enough to hold the lean to up.

Then cover the structure with a tarp that you tack down to the wood to keep it from sliding or being blown away.

Purchase a heater for the cars motor and keep it plugged in for the duration.

Thats the quickest and best solution I can think of.

Here was my thought.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow thats a detailed answer, thank you but i am afraid i cant do it, because i am living only a year here in this area and i live in a rented apartament so the parking spaces are all public ones ,i got a private parking space away from everything at work, but without roof, just open air parking, i thought of leaving the car there a couple of weeks with the cover on, and then i rent an underground garage for the winter, will the car hold or break? The body ?paint etc....
    And if i do find an underground garage, is it that big of a deal if the garage is not heated?? I realy didnt want to get the car now but the seller cant keep it any longer in his place

Perhaps someone else may be able to provide better information on the cars ability to stand up to the severe elements your describing. I myself could only guess.

Do you have any storage units you could rent for the winter to store the car in?

or anyone who may have access to the storage containers that they use on ships?

Anything to keep the car out of the elements would be key here I would say. You may need to think a little out of the box is all.

As for the temperatures, I think your biggest problem would be the motor freezing up... But perhaps a mechanic on here can answer those concerns for you as well.

Think about what is around you in your area. Are you close to water? The same places that store boats for the winter may be willing to help you store your car there as well.

If your able to find underground parking that would be sufficient, of course that's the best case scenario. But should that prove not to be a viable option, are you able to perhaps construct something temporary in the parking space you will be parking the car?

Perhaps speaking with your landlord and letting them know the issue your facing, they may be able to help in some way, even if they simply allow you to build a temporary cover for the space the car will be occupying.

Something like this perhaps

Still cover with a tarp and tac down to the wood and perhaps still grab a heater for the engine...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The bigger risk than weather is vandalism

It's guaranteed your car will be broken into if left out side or in an underground parking where the public can walk by

You need a enclosed garage where only the owners can access. I don't know where you live but some option is like public storage they rent garages. Not cheap maybe $200/month or more depending on your area but it's cheaper then the vandalism damage which will occur if you leave it where the public can see it, even if it's covered

Thanks guys for the answers, thats the plan, to find an underground garage where only owners or residents of the building have access to, i found some at around 120$-150/month, but seeing that i didnt take delivery of the car yet, i cant rent right now, i need to have the car with me to check if there is enough ground clearance and that there isnt any huge bumps or if the entrance to the garage is too steep, problem is the closest private underground garages that i have found are at 28 km away from home, so every saturday when i wanna go out for a drive i must go 28 km to pick the car up and enjoy it and bring it back there. But it may take a while till i find a garage that can fit the murci and its height .
    Also where i live there is a police station and parking space exactly infront of the police, i can park there maybe in summer temporary, to avoid vandalism.
    Realy the only thing i fear at most is vandalism, especially that lambos are realy rare here and there isnt but a handful of kitcars in the whole country, also the car has OEM body dimensions, i just hope it will not attract too much attention from vandalism.

Good luck all around my friend.

I would rent a storage unit to store the car until I could move to a place with a garage or so I could have the time to build one on my property (if the neighborhood allows). A garage is really necessary for kit cars and classic cars in order to have an agreed value insurance policy and to keep your pride and joy in the best shape possible. Plus, you will need it to work on the car from time to time even if you have not built the car yourself. I have a 4 car detached (workshop) and a 2 car garage attached to my home for these purposes.

What country is it?
    You really need something closer to your apartment
    If there are houses with garages in the area knock on doors and ask to rent their garage

As Cutlass says.....

..it's tough to answer not knowing where you are, BUT, my first thoughts are rent a storage unit, or, for not too much money, buy a shipping container and seal/insulate it and find a place near home for it. Again, another good idea by Cutlass (never thought I'd say that...) is to knock on some doors and rent 1/2 their double garage.....

Any pictures of said Mucielago?

K9