Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: CNC body for 4k

Quote Originally Posted by Fakerari View Post
    Nate I think the failure to reply to customers like in the past quoted above , is hurting your chances at additional business
    ill manage.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrazyballa View Post
    ill manage.

Seriously??? So you would rather get negative feedback versus sending out IKR's engine cover, which I assumed he paid for already or my replacement engine cover which I have been waiting for almost 2 years now....
    -Glenn

"One day I had a bit of an argument with my friend Enzo Ferrari, who reckoned I wasnít able to drive a Ferrari, only tractors. Thatís when I got the idea into my head and told myself Ė Iíll make the cars myself from now on!" - Ferruccio Lamborghini

Why do all these guys in the replica industry have such poor business practices ? Is it that much more difficult to be a good honorable businessman ?

Please don't read this as defending anyone. I am not defending anyone's business practices. BUT, something else to consider. I have stated this before and I will again. I was once in the business so I understand as well or better than anyone. The business of replicating anything at 10 cents on the dollar is destined to fail. It's a great hobby, I'll probably build myself something again one day. But again, please tell me how you can successfully, over and over again build an exact or near exact, full size copy of: a house, a boat, an exotic car, whatever for 10 cents on the dollar versus the original? Well the answer is you can't. So most of these "businesses" are barely surviving. When there is a hiccup, they lack the resources and cash flow to catch back up.

I have to agree with bartman !
    Not only is it next to impossible to make a decent return on your (the builders) time and craftsmanship, the thing that trips up good honest builders is the fact that the customers of these replicas are looking for a car that looks like a million dollars but wants to pay less that the cost of a used Hyundai Sonata. Some clients feel that as soon as they sign a contract with a builder and put down their deposit , that they have purchased or at the very least leased some of the builders soul and undivided attention. Because the build process is detailed and some what lengthy clients almost always change their minds about one or more aspects of the build. It could be the style and size of the wheels and tires, color of the finished replica or maybe just an option they feel should be included in the contract price. The first time the builder accommodates the client and makes the change or upgrade at no cost, The relationship is doomed. The builder may be making the change at no cost to show that he is flexible and wants the replica to be just as the client wants, But all to often. the clients mistakes the willingness of the builder to accommodate as weakness and will expect the same willingness to accommodate on bigger issues that may involve a greater amount of monetary concession on the builders part.

The internet or forums are a too convenient way to air grievances instead of working with the builder to understand what is involved to make the change . Lets face it, both the builder and replica client have egos that often need stroked and the definition of a narcissist may somewhat fit each to varying degrees.

The client knows he holds the purse string and may hold up on his next payment and now you have an adversarial relationship. It is a delicate balance that rarely works the way either party feels it should.

If a builder can afford to build a basic replica and then wait to sell it to a buyer that can finish it the way he wants, It just may work !
    Last edited by newtomm; 08-08-2019 at 06:49 PM.

While I appreciate your comments and agree with you overall, both IKR and I are not talking about a car build here. IKR, correct me if I am wrong but the part you are looking for has already been made and just needs to be shipped. For my piece, Nate sent me a cover that did not fit the OEM label. I spoke with him and he agreed to make a new one and had me ship mine back, which I did. He already made the foam replacement as he sent me photos a year or so ago... since then nothing. I even asked him to just send my old one back...again nothing.
    -Glenn

"One day I had a bit of an argument with my friend Enzo Ferrari, who reckoned I wasnít able to drive a Ferrari, only tractors. Thatís when I got the idea into my head and told myself Ė Iíll make the cars myself from now on!" - Ferruccio Lamborghini

Those long periods of no response are likely due to his time spent in jail if not should be. He is the longest surviving rip off artist on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakerari View Post
    Nate I think the failure to reply to customers like in the past quoted above , is hurting your chances at additional business
    You just nailed it on the head! Its absolutely childish to not reply to somebody after they send you several thousands of dollars for services and do not receive them completely.
    How hard is it to answer a phone call or reply to an email Nathan?! Man up and face the music
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Quote Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
    While I appreciate your comments and agree with you overall, both IKR and I are not talking about a car build here. IKR, correct me if I am wrong but the part you are looking for has already been made and just needs to be shipped. For my piece, Nate sent me a cover that did not fit the OEM label. I spoke with him and he agreed to make a new one and had me ship mine back, which I did. He already made the foam replacement as he sent me photos a year or so ago... since then nothing. I even asked him to just send my old one back...again nothing.
    Correct. We are not talking about finished vehicles or even anything close. He advertised being able to fabricate foam models and had ability to Hardcoat them and even make finished fiberglass panels, as posted directly by himself.
    He had no issues accepting 50% down and he even requested an extra $1000 from me because a different client needed something done for SEMA last year in a hurry and never paid him.
    That was not my doing but I agreed to pay more upfront to get my parts in the works.
    It has been over 6 months and have several emails, PM's and phone calls that have been ignored.
    F- in customer service for a customer that paid $5600+
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
    Answer:

that is correct the part only need shipping out , i offered to pay additional shipping ,lets back up ,after the 2 crates were shipped ,and i picked them up,moved them to storage,then i get a email stating all the parts,except the 458 humps were shipped ,they would not fit in the crate.this is ridicule to post a picture of my part, but not answer me or ship out the part or tell me how much extra shipping it would cost,for us to receive it.maybe someone would see the picture of the 458 humps in the last picture. circle the 458 humps in the back ground of the picture and add the picture below.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!