Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC body for 4k

can you use another material and add parting/ aligning features? that way you can make more than 1 part

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    can you use another material and add parting/ aligning features? that way you can make more than 1 part
    what other material? this styrofoam is the most effective / efficient. for the negative mold yes i can make the mold so that it parts with multiple blocks so parts dont lock. If you use epoxy resin and glass cloth to hardcoat the styrofoam and enough pva and wax, you should be able to pull a few parts without destroying the Styrofoam plug.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrazyballa View Post
    Hi, I do alot of CNC work for clients, my machine is free for work this month and would like to do buck for someone. 4 k gets you an exterior, can be done in 2 weeks. Let me know. offer is only this month till feb 12. I am located near chicago illinois.
    Hi there,
    I have a question.
    Is it possible to use automotive paint on top the pink foam after giving it a coating of putty and primer?
    Thank you.

Ummmm I think thatís a big fat No... the foam is used to apply fiberglass or carbon fiber on top
    of it...

Quote Originally Posted by icetray View Post
    Hi there,
    I have a question.
    Is it possible to use automotive paint on top the pink foam after giving it a coating of putty and primer?
    Thank you.
    foam must be hardcoated or atleast sealed before applying any solvents or polyester resin on top of it.

Thanks you Sir!

Nathan, get a hold of me. I've tried calling and texting but have not heard back from you since January. Thanks buddy!
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

What i think would work best is vacuum bag the foam with a trash bag or one of those vac bags and build a box aroubd it. Then pour silicone or your mold choice in that. Then you can make a part just like that in reverse. Save a tone of sanding. I have yet to try it out but sould be faster.

Gluing shrink wrap plastic might give similar effects
    ... but how much would you estimate a regular bumper to cost in one silicon mold? Ive always seen small objects being being done this way and think it might be over my poor mans budget.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Love watching Nate's videos on youtube as he does some pretty good work as a one man show. He's always helpful and very inspiring.

I, too, am looking to bust out some CNC foam bodies/parts with my newly built machine.

Anybody have any projects?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms-srVQwVIg