0 0%
  • Dodge Challenger

2 40.00%
  • Chevy Camaro

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which Vehicle should i choose?

Which Vehicle should i choose?

I have never own a new car before, mostly 140k+ mile used car.

So i'm gonna get a new car soon, I have a list of it but can't choose.

Scion FR-S
    Dodge Challenger
    Chevy Camaro
    Current Project: Ferrari F430 White
    Donor Car: 2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT(Automatic)

My Choice of those 3 would be the Camaro

I dont know too much about american cars but i would go for the Dodge Challenger.
    I really like Camaro but i hate the taillights!
    Scion FR-S is a nice sport car but for about the same money the Challenger has that iconic muscle car design that i like.

I would like to expand on my vote if I may.

The Scions are going away... so I just feel that's a lost cause and if you really were leaning in this direction then I would recommend the BRZ to the FRS.

That said... The Challenger holds a special place in my heart. I want one, have always wanted one... almost got one... but alas, I got the G for the back seat and blah blah blah from there... anyways... The Challenger has that straight up muscle car look, sound, performance and just has a commanding presence. There are various types to choose from and each with a different wealth of performance and power... but if your like me and have young kids... this is not the right car to choose but then again, I assume this is not your issue if your first car choice was the FRS anyhow... but yes, I voted for the Challenger.

Now, this brings me to my close second... the Camaro.. should you choose this car... there is a conversion kit you can buy to take it from looking like a camaro to a current model Trans-Am. It's a Camro to T/A conversion kit and looks just impressively bad to the bone and easily would be my pick over the challenger...

Do a quick Google search and you'll see what I mean. Perhaps that will sway you between the Chevy and the Dodge... both really good in their own right.

Best of luck with your choice.

You might even be able to save some money if you get an older Camero and do the conversion to the T/A...

Here is the Camero and the T/A Conversion. (Also, the parts for the conversion can be obtained directly from GM, They are all bolt on to the Camero and will require very little work to convert the car from one model to the other.)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by G35Mike; 07-13-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Why not try a rental of the two American muscle cars for a couple of days?

That way you will get to see what they are like without the pressure of a sales guy hanging over you.
    If you got to Priceline, you should be able to do both for a couple of days each for under $200.

Can't help with the Scion, though they are very different cars.

In my opinion, the FRS is going to be more fun on a twisty road, but no monster on the straight. Spirited enough though.

I like the boxer engine and its noise, but I know others who like the V6 and v8 rumble. Though you should know I'm an out and out Suby fanboy though. I'm on my 5th STi as a daily (2015 WRB launch edition). I have owned a Viper Coupe though so I'm not all rice

In my opinion, the FRS is better put together (puts on flame suit) but is less of a visual statement. I know two people with FRS' One is a daily driver and the other a weekend sports car. I enjoy going to lunch with either.

I've rented both the Camero (poverty spec) and a Challenger (mid range) and was surprised how plasticy and parts bin the interior felt.

So for styling, I'd take the Challenger. For fun driving (I like the twisty bits) I like the FRS... But I would go for the BRZ. It has better residuals than the FRS.

There's also some great tuning gear coming out for the platform and the AutoX guys are starting to latch onto it as a new hard top Miata.

In the end, they are very different cars (FRS vs new Muscle) for different driving styles. What is your style? Fun twisties with progressive learning driving or posing around town?

Just coming in on this one. Restomod '69 Charger would be my choice. Modern mechanicals and reliability and proper muscle car chops.... no contest. ;-)

K9COP

Based on the reviews and suggestions of owners of the cars mentioned, I would prefer Chevy Camaro because they describe it as more powerful than Challenger and has a supercharged engine. I heard too that it is more affordable than the Dodge.

Jeremy Clarkson once said something about how the Camaro was the badass American Muscle car.. but then again after that he said it's an axe murderers car lol. Hey, either way Camaro is the way to go.

PM me before you go buy, I am an expert negotiator in the dealer world