Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Chupacabra build

Just got rid of the large car collection.Had a mazi,and it nickel and dimed me.Was wondering what i could do after a car like that,lol.I contacted a couple ppl on the forum and got rude answers😏.I think people should start taking some of us serious that have been on here. I've been following your build and am genuinely excited to see it finished. I'm looking into starting a shop at the moment so it'll be more cost efficient to own,work,and sell kits.I travel a lot due to my work,but thats starting to wean down.Yes,i definitely committed to the FLT, is your car going to be In the same class?I'll definitely be visiting your shop.So no worries as far as commitments.But as far as foriegn exotic automobiles, I've had my far share.
    Last edited by Mdwsn22374; 03-20-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Mdwsn, you have a standing invitation to visit anytime. I also have a comfortable guest room if you want to stay a few days. I cannot answer your question about the same class. I want to think that my car is properly done, 700 pages of computer suspension analysis by Metcalfe, coachwork by Peterbuilt, etc. etc., but I have no idea what class the FLT is in. For that matter, I have no idea what class my Chupacabra is in. I agree with Aflo's statement on another thread about not gushing over the FLT until it is presented. It would not have hurt my feelings a bit if he would have included the Chupacabra in his statement, it is a valid point.

Definitely,but I'm getting a stage one build without interior,so everything is to be determined. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I just posted a new build video to YouTube at stricklandracinginc. There has been some past conversation on this thread and other threads about the 3D modeling process to prepare a design for mold/plug cutting, this video deals with that process and gives a little insight.

Nope, no new video on youtube!

Aw, no wonder it did not have any views. The privacy setting was accidentally turned on again. Try it now Ratrog.

It has been some time since I published an update or video, mainly due to the fact that all of the recent progress is on 3D sculpting and that is not very interesting or photogenic. The good news there is that we are only a few weeks from sending it to plugs and mold making. There has been one new event of interest. Centerline Wheel has closed up shop and this left me searching for another wheel vendor and style. I was happy with the "Oval" series wheel they had as it resembled the original Countach wheel. After searching and realizing that there was not another wheel on the market that had the retro look that I wanted, I began to explore having a custom wheel made. I negotiated with several companies, settled on one, and was just about to send the money when I realized something. If I am going to have a custom wheel made, why do I want the "Oval"? Why not make an original Countach design wheel? For everyone building a Countach replica, I will have Phone Dial wheels in about four weeks. Price will be about $2,000 per set, depending on size.

No kidding on the wheels Charlie? That would be so amazing to get the phone dials in larger diameter so we can get rubber more easily....

I look forward to seeing the pics of the first sets to come out.

Keep it up and we are watching.
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thanks Don and no kidding. Speaking of getting tires, I am using 18 and 20 on the Chupacabra but have the Phone Dials any size. By coincidence, today I was looking at Perrelli-Zero's for Aventador take off wheels I have here for a Carlos project. I knew the 15" ones for a Countach, the only option, were in the $650-$750 range. I was pleasantly surprised that the 19 and 20 for this Aventador project were in the $250-$450 range. I have a deal to use Yokahama S-Drive on the Chupacabra.

Hello there Charlie! I would love a set of phone dial 15" wheels for my Countach. Did I understand correctly that you could do this size? Put me down if so!!!