Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Aldino Spider

I suspect a leak of some sort in the vacuum assist. A quick blurb I found to explain the symptoms and what to look for. You are not the first to have this issue...... Seems a lot of cars get this from the search I just did. Look for air leaks etc. as well.

In the blurb below, I don't remember seeing a pipe that connects the servo valve to the servo block on Fieros so might well be the booster has a stuck valve that was not impacted until you swapped around the booster and pedals.....

Don

Blurb below....

One of the valves in the brake servo (booster) is stuck open. When you start the engine the vacuum produced by the engine (or a separate vacuum pump) is used to assist braking pressure from your foot. As you press the brake pedal, a valve in the servo opens to allow the vacuum to pull against the diaphragm in the servo to assist you. If a valve is stuck open it will keep sucking until the pedal goes to the floor and will only release once the engine has stopped.

Depending on the design of the servo, there may be a pipe that connects the servo casing to the servo valve block, if this is leaking or missing, the same symptoms would occur. Any air leak into the casing in the rear of the servo body will also produce these symptoms.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thank you Don, finally a real answer and you own page 20!

I have an 88 parts car, wonder if I can swap boosters?

I assume you changed pedals when you converted to auto. Most probably is that the rod from brake pedal pushing on the booster is too long and booster is activating or other scenario is that its somehow the rod sitting on the shoulder of the valve in the booster not inside center and activating the booster

Thank you Chimaera, I didn't even think of that, I will check that out. Actually I didn't know there was a difference between the standard and auto booster push rods. Learn something new Fiero today!

Receiver some bling for the car today, Gas, Brake, Driver side Foot Rest and Passenger side Foot Rest from Ultimate Pedals in Florida, www.ultimatepedals.com Ultimate Pedals has the patents for the Fiero, same price as the Corvettes but you need to place a special order via email. If you have a Fiero based Ferrari replica just tell Robert you saw these. Not sure but I bet they do pedals for Lambo replicas too. They look great and I look forward to installing them at the completion of this restoration.

Last edited by mera308gts; 08-10-2017 at 09:43 PM.

"Received some bling for the car today, Gas, Brake, Driver side Foot Rest and Passenger side Foot Rest from Ultimate Pedals in Florida, www.ultimatepedals.com"

Those look great! Looking forward to seeing them installed.

Luvin the coverage of your refurb on the car.

This is going to be one sweet, well done ride when you get finished!