Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: DMAN's 430 build

Can't wait to see what's next. I've been following along this summer dman this has gotten hardcore. I think what you're doing is revolutionary. As questioned has the SRC kit ever been fitted with such detail (edit: beside exexpat LOL)? I can understand building around the OEM molding and glass. Wow that donor Peugot is turning to be extremely helpful.

No offense to the maker but I have to wonder is there something wrong with these kit bodies? I went to the website and was pleased to read the panels were pulled off of actual vehicles. But SRC states they are altered to fit, are there problems resulting from this?

Superb planning and execution. Enjoying every detail, looking forward to your updates!
    Last edited by acuRas; 09-08-2016 at 02:02 AM.

The panel modification for the SRC kits is to ensure they can skin the existing Celica and retain the roof, A, B and C pillar. My biggest fear for building a kit car was that the glass would leak water and side windows are notorious for that. Happy to report the SRC kit doesn't leak if you seal the taillights adequately. This is mainly because the major seals remain intact. True you give up a few true lines of the F430 (doors are a little longer, roof a tad different, etc.), but I'm happy to be 95% accurate and not have to worry about leaks. I drive my car daily, so it's important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRas View Post
    Can't wait to see what's next. I've been following along this summer dman this has gotten hardcore. I think what you're doing is revolutionary. As questioned has the SRC kit ever been fitted with such detail (edit: beside exexpat LOL)? I can understand building around the OEM molding and glass. Wow that donor Peugot is turning to be extremely helpful.

No offense to the maker but I have to wonder is there something wrong with these kit bodies? I went to the website and was pleased to read the panels were pulled off of actual vehicles. But SRC states they are altered to fit, are there problems resulting from this?

Superb planning and execution. Enjoying every detail, looking forward to your updates!
    Hey man... Thanks for the kind words... It is not an SRC kit... It is a Vdesign kit... An improved version of the extreme kit... This is the most accurate kit out there. The the panels are moulded from the real car. However, the roofline/rear buttress is designed to line up with the peugeot roof line... I am goin to adjust them back to 100% oem dimensions.. Later on i will put up some pictures of my panels next to pictures of the real car to show you guys what i mean and how im going to adjust them.. I hope this makes sense?

Cheers!
    Last edited by dman1409; 09-10-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Whahahah sorry for the lack of updates lately... I'm very bussy with my company at the moment.. In about 3 weeks ill continue working on the car!

Cheers!

Bump - 6 months later...