Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlite Coupe build

Excellent workmanship. Enjoying watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrolheadsa View Post
    Excellent workmanship. Enjoying watching this.
    Thank you. I saw some of your work on the Gullwing. Very impressive also.

The hinge shape was not a favorite, so milled a little off the bottom and frenched it into the body a bit, Much more flush now.

from this-

to this-

My wheels are finally being cut also! Found a company that allows you to create your own wheels, so here is my one off wheels for the car i designed. 19x12 front and 19x14 rear. 3 piece, concave, step lip. I am having them ship them to me just deburred, and no other finish. I want to keep all of the machining marks at this point.

Wow, those are really good looking wheels! Great job on getting something really unique.

Amazing craftsmanship and sick wheel design. What software did you design them in?
    Quote Originally Posted by overzealous1 View Post
    The hinge shape was not a favorite, so milled a little off the bottom and frenched it into the body a bit, Much more flush now. from this-to this-My wheels are finally being cut also! Found a company that allows you to create your own wheels, so here is my one off wheels for the car i designed. 19x12 front and 19x14 rear. 3 piece, concave, step lip. I am having them ship them to me just deburred, and no other finish. I want to keep all of the machining marks at this point.

All I did was scratch it on a piece of paper and texted a pic to them. Lol. Then we kind of fine honed it over the phone. He would send me pics of the cad drawing, and either make changes or ok it.
    Very hard to come up with a one off billet wheel anymore though. Soooo many different companies and different designs out there. Now that the program is done, they will add this one to their files for other customers.
    It looks flat in the pics, but the spokes themselves have more than an inch of concave to them, then another 2" in the center.

Those wheels are amazing to look at. I love the unfinished look of the inside piece. May be a booger to clean, and may collect dirt very quickly, but it sure looks awesome!

Is it the front rim we are looking at? What is the ballpark price to have rims made?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbdo View Post
    Those wheels are amazing to look at. I love the unfinished look of the inside piece. May be a booger to clean, and may collect dirt very quickly, but it sure looks awesome!
    Thanks. Yup, I pretty much designed about the hardest wheel in the world to clean. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Is it the front rim we are looking at? What is the ballpark price to have rims made?
    I don't know if that is a front or rear. I chose step lips since they are lighter than the smooth outer barrels. Plus, it gives more of a race car look over the smooth outers. It is a style trend that is just coming up, using step lip, with concave centers, then having the design come out to the very outer step. It makes the spokes as long as a one piece billet, with still being able to change out barrels and such.
    The price is very surprising. $3800 all in for 19x12 and 19x14. Finishes will cost more. Same barrels and center forgings as HRE, ADV, or any other big name. Just without the $8,000-$12,000 price they would charge for such a wheel.